The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Paulie really does have a granite chin, but the ref must stop this soon.

He really does fair play to the guy, but its the 3rd time he's been battered like this and not caving in.

That was one hell of a performance from Amir Khan. Very quick, good movement & a very decent defence. Not good enough from Paulie after the 3rd, decence not right for someone with speed like Kahn. He's really come on since going out to LA... Paulie's love & passion just isn't there anymore. A career in TV, film & Jersey Shore beckons & I hate to write him off, I didn't do it after the Hatton fight but I think that's it. It's been one hell of a ride though

Will Kahn get some respectttttt at last.

Mabye if he fights a puncher.

Well he's only 23 he's got plenty of fights left ;)

He actually probably hasn't got plenty of fights left....he can't avoid the guys that can actually punch forever :winkold:

He ducked Maidana to take this fight, what's he going to do, move up in weight again now? The public demands a Prescott rematch too - and if that doesn't happen put him in with Haye :D

I dont think many people give a shit about a Prescott rematch now. It's really only those who dislike Khan who call for it.

I dont think many people give a shit about a Prescott rematch now. It's really only those who dislike Khan who call for it.

And Khans a different animal now. He is trained properly, he's boxing rather than trying to KO everyone as quick as he can. He also has much better head movement and defence all together.

And Khans a different animal now. He is trained properly, he's boxing rather than trying to KO everyone as quick as he can. He also has much better head movement and defence all together.

I wouldn't say he's a different animal now....a glass chin is something that will stay with him for his entire career. Let's not forget that the Prescott thing wasn't exactly a freak occurance, and prior to the big KO Prescott nearly floored him with a jab :shock:

Roach can have him boxing tighter all he likes, but it's just a matter of time before he gets clocked and banged out again.

One last thing - for someone with an improved defence his face was pretty marked up at the end of the fight....against a feather-fist :shock:

Have you ever considered a career as a spin doctor?

One last thing - for someone with an improved defence his face was pretty marked up at the end of the fight....against a feather-fist :shock:

In 20 years of watching boxing I've rarely seen anyone go 11 or 12 rounds with a decent figther and not leave the ring with a few marks.

Like Khan said, its like going out in the rain. You are going to get wet. If you go into the ring you are going to get hit. Malignaggi is a top top fighter, he has been top 5 at 140lbs for a while now and he came of the back of a very good win over Diaz. Yes, he isnt a puncher but that weakness is covered by his strengths, he is a very very slick boxer. He has been in with some of the best people in the division and he has only been stopped twice (Hatton and Khan). The impressive thing last night was that Khan outboxed his man. Hatton beat Paulie up, Amir outboxed him.

I didnt care much for Khan's attack on Karl Froch last month, that lacked class but I still like Khan as a guy. He gives a good interview and seems quite humble for somebody who has been surrounded by people who have been telling him the world is at his feet since he was 17 years of age. He can definitely make a mark at 140 and he seems easily capable of stepping up to 147 given his build. Of course the chin is going to be suspect so a big part of his game plan is to have a solid defence. Last night he showed he could outbox a very good boxer at the outside game (if that makes sense) Hatton needed to come inside to trouble Paulie. If Khan can boss the fights at range then he has a very good chance of picking up multiple world titles.

Can they both agree to stop fighting for thirty seconds so one of them can go and deck that shrieking woman? Her voice sounds like somebody scraping their nails down a blackboard.

That's Gabby15 8)

:crylaugh:

great result for khan, not many people stop Paulie who is a very good fighter, yes he hasnt got a knockout in him, but he is a skillfull resilient fighter..

Khan is progressing very nicely. Not sure why people are accusing a 22/23 year old world champion of 'ducking fights', i think its very harsh and premature to say he has a glass chin, it might not be the best chin in the world, but ive seen him take a few shots and not be worried...

Has the potential to be a top fighter, linking up with Roach was a master stroke, and Khan is very very very lucky that Roach took him on, Roach is easily one of the greatest trainers of all time.

i think its very harsh and premature to say he has a glass chin, it might not be the best chin in the world

It's not premature tbf, it's a certified biscuit. Moving up in weight (and over to Roach :winkold: ) might have helped a bit but it really is a very bad chin. Nothing he can do about it other than working on not getting hit

Â