The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

DAVID HAYE is lining up a Battle of Britain clash against Audley Harrison after talks with Wladimir Klitschko stalled.

Discussions between WBA heavyweight champ Haye's manager Adam Booth and Harrison's promoter Barry Hearn will take place this week.

Haye, 29, had hoped to face IBF and WBO king Wladimir in a unification bout in September.

But an insider said: "They have hit a rock. Klitschko is the fight that Haye wants. At best, talks have stalled and at worst, completely broken down."

That means 2000 Olympic champ Harrison is in pole position to face his friend-turned-enemy in an autumn grudge meeting, almost certainly to take place at London's O2 Arena.

Haye v Harrison would be the biggest all-British heavyweight fight since Lennox Lewis stopped Frank Bruno at Cardiff Arms Park in 1993.

Sky TV are pushing for the fight and believe it could become a huge pay-per-view attraction, especially as there is bad blood and both are known headline-grabbing trash talkers.

Harrison may be the boxer that fans love to hate but his Prizefighter win last October and European title triumph over Michael Sprott last month were among Sky's highest viewing figures for boxing in recent years.

The London pair were close friends but fell out last year when Haye refused to give Harrison a spot on the undercard of a show he was promoting.

Harrison, 38, would get the short end of the cash but he would nevertheless jump at the chance to silence Haye and critics.

Haye's popularity is soaring among the British public.

And it would grow if he was also known as the man who punched Harrison into retirement.

Bermondsey star Haye captured the WBA belt when he outpointed Nikolai Valuev in November and ended John Ruiz's career in his first defence seven weeks ago.

Audley in one

David Haye 1/8

Draw 25/1

Audrey 9/2

Is this really the fight that the people want to see?

Yes, because Audley is going to decapitate him before fighting Kingpin Johnson to prove the one true heavyweight champion

I saw this earlier....is this Ola "I get paid to spar with the Klits" Afolabi's completely unbiased opinion then? :shock:

Come on...even you must think Haye doesn't want any of a Klitschko anytime soon?

I saw this earlier....is this Ola "I get paid to spar with the Klits" Afolabi's completely unbiased opinion then? :shock:

Come on...even you must think Haye doesn't want any of a Klitschko anytime soon?

I'll reserve judgement until his next fight is signed - believe me if he signs to fight Fraudley I'll wash my hands of him. I don't think he will though, there's no point whatsoever to fighting Harrison at the moment.

I wouldn't complain if Haye fought Chagaev or something and then a Klitschko, but Harrison? **** no.

I'll reserve judgement until his next fight is signed - believe me if he signs to fight Fraudley I'll wash my hands of him. I don't think he will though, there's no point whatsoever to fighting Harrison at the moment.

I wouldn't complain if Haye fought Chagaev or something and then a Klitschko, but Harrison? **** no.

Looks to me like Chagaev has lost a step tbh. The inactivity, injuries, Hepatitis & Ass whipping from Wlad have slowed him down somewhat although I think Haye should get some decent props if he beats him (which I think he will) Think Chag is a better technical boxer but Haye wins is on physicality, Chag doesn't have the speed, power or size to beat him

Looks to me like Chagaev has lost a step tbh. The inactivity, injuries, Hepatitis & Ass whipping from Wlad have slowed him down somewhat although I think Haye should get some decent props if he beats him (which I think he will) Think Chag is a better technical boxer but Haye wins is on physicality, Chag doesn't have the speed, power or size to beat him

I wouldn't say he's lost a step, he was crap to start with. I wasn't big on Klit for fighting the guy in the first place but if he gets a free pass for taking on a hepatitis sufferer then no-one can moan when Haye does it too, all things being equal :P

I do find it laughable with all the Klitschko lovers slating Haye's obvious delaying tactics and cherry picking though. Until Lewis retired both of them did all they could to avoid having to face the guy - Quitali only took the fight on short notice thinking he'd be able to beat up an old man. Until then they weren't even on the radar, they were about as relevent as Damiani was when he was WBOgus champ. Wladimir only started picking up other belts once Lewis was gone, and even then he avoided the shit out of a rematch with the golfer.....

Fairs fair - if you're going to jump on Haye after 3-4 fights at the weight then you have to jump on that word removed Klitschko, he had 50+fights before he even fought for more than 2 belts :D:D:D

I wouldn't say he's lost a step, he was crap to start with. I wasn't big on Klit for fighting the guy in the first place but if he gets a free pass for taking on a hepatitis sufferer then no-one can moan when Haye does it too, all things being equal :P

I do find it laughable with all the Klitschko lovers slating Haye's obvious delaying tactics and cherry picking though. Until Lewis retired both of them did all they could to avoid having to face the guy - Quitali only took the fight on short notice thinking he'd be able to beat up an old man. Until then they weren't even on the radar, they were about as relevent as Damiani was when he was WBOgus champ. Wladimir only started picking up other belts once Lewis was gone, and even then he avoided the shit out of a rematch with the golfer.....

Fairs fair - if you're going to jump on Haye after 3-4 fights at the weight then you have to jump on that word removed Klitschko, he had 50+fights before he even fought for more than 2 belts :D:D:D

I think he's a decent boxer, especially by todays standards, back in the day I imagine he'd have been a hell of a lot lower in the food chain. And I know you're not big on the Klits, you don't have to sugarcoat it as you did in the second paragraph :winkold:

I saw a video of Kevin Johnson on Youtube (Don't even ask) yesterday & it was posted by someone in his team I think. He made some pretty interesting allegations against the Klitschko's

I think he's a decent boxer, especially by todays standards, back in the day I imagine he'd have been a hell of a lot lower in the food chain. And I know you're not big on the Klits, you don't have to sugarcoat it as you did in the second paragraph :winkold:

I saw a video of Kevin Johnson on Youtube (Don't even ask) yesterday & it was posted by someone in his team I think. He made some pretty interesting allegations against the Klitschko's

Roids, by any chance?

Roids, by any chance?

Said that they wanted to delay the steroid testing. How true it was & if it actually happened is a different matter.

Damn, I knew something wasn't right when Vitali beat him so easily.

Well Vitali is a proven steroid cheat anyway so this should come as no surprise....I'd be absolutely stunned if his brother wasn't juicing too - same goes for Haye come to think of it.

Â