The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Well I screwed up royally with my Darchinyan Del Valle prediction. Having seen Del Valle before I felt he was a real slickster and a top talent. Darchinyan was coming in off the back of two loses (although the Yamanaka fight was a disgrace) and I felt not the fighter he once was.

Del Valle however didn't use his skills he looked to fight and trade with Darchinyan. Darchinya for a long time has been one of the bigger punchers P4P in the sport so not a good idea. Darchinyan basically beat the shit out of Del Valle, he landed some very big shots and cruised to the decision. Del Valle to his credit showed heart and a chin, he also had a great last 30 seconds of round 9, but overall I was very disappointed with him. Thankfully I didn't bet on this one.

• 2 weeks later...

Some great action this weekend. Brandon Rios vs Mike Alvarado should be one hell of an entertaining fight and potentially an out and out war, I like Alvarado in this one although Rios is capable of winning by KO. After that there's Nonito Donaire vs Nishioka, Donaire is one of the top pound for pound guys, but Nishioha is one of the best super bantams around, should be a really interesting fight but I'll pick Donaire on points.

Also, Price is fighting Harrison but I couldn't give a rats ass about that fight, Price probably get's a mid round KO...

I didn't realise that donaire was fighting what channel is that on?

I'll watch the price v harrison fight purely cuz I know it wontbe a long one, doesn't really interest me, people are only going to tune in to see if audley embarrases himself again

Yeah I sympathise with that view because I hate Fury too. But I think Price should go after someone like Adamek as he's highly rated but would get squashed by Price in 5 rounds. Either that or someone like Pulev or Boystov, fights like that would raise his profile internationally.

Just switched over to the DeGale fight. I can't remember another boxer who seems to think trying to dodge punches (and often failing) is more important than a decent guard. His hands are so rarely up and the fact his face has been punched a different colour suggests it's not a great tactic

• Like 1

Just switched over to the DeGale fight. I can't remember another boxer who seems to think trying to dodge punches (and often failing) is more important than a decent guard. His hands are so rarely up and the fact his face has been punched a different colour suggests it's not a great tactic

Exactly, he thinks he's Roy Jones Jr. DeGale is RRJ minus the reflexes, power, punch variety, speed and charisma.

He looked shit for long periods of the few rounds I caught, the other chap didn't look great but DeGale was under pressure and had no clue how to handle it. All the worse, he invited that pressure. He seemed to wait for the other bloke to tire of hitting him in those moments, which I believe is a variant of the Homer Simpson strategy, and probably asking to be ktfo by anyone with a bit of skill and power.

Price to fight skelton on December 8th

Not surprised really, it's not like he had a fight last night is it.

Frank Maloney looks after both of them doesn't he so I think this will be prices last one before he moves on to better things

Â