The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Yeah Haye was out of order at the PC, it was like he was feeling bitter about his own defeat and wanted to get some publicity and maybe a re-match against Klitchko, but it all spiraled out of control.

They are a pair of clearings in the woods. Haye's trying to get some exposure after his "retirement". I think everyone knew what was going to happen once Chisora left the stage, he doesn't seem like the type of person to have a quiet discussion with.

Chisora may have acted the tit against Klitschko but he wasn't the problem in the Haye incident. Haye was bang out of order. That was Chisora's conference and he shouldn't have tried to steal the glory. Haye is just a tramp.

Haye certainly doesn't come out of this with any credit and believe me I'm not going to defend his conduct with Chisora but I think I disagree and here is the why...

At first I held your view because I thought Haye had gone their to promote his own cause of his own back. However he is officially retired and was at the fight and the press conference as part of a media team (not sure for which broadcaster) covering the fight.

So his presence there if not his motives were legitimate and reasonable, he then set about questioning or trying to question the victory about an rematch he claims was agreed. Now granted there is a very large slice of self interest in his questions and the questions themselves weren't asked for the benefit of anyone but himself so you certainly have a point he was gatecrashing Chisora's moment.

That said I'm not sure how much glory was on offer for Chisora given his performance and general conduct, I'd argue none. Haye was out of order I don't disagree but not to an extent that warranted the actions of Chisora who from what I can tell was the main aggressor.

Now Haye was an idiot, picking up a camera tripod is something nobody can defend and he should be punished by the sport and the law if required.

That said it is Chisora who should be losing his license and very probably doing time for threatening to shoot Haye.

How long will it be before Haye pops up on Soccer AM on a charm offensive trying to laugh his way out of this? Talk about how to destroy your reputation in 12 months, can't believe how he has fallen.

Never been a big fan of Haye, and his recent antics have just made me dislike him even more. As for Chisora...plastic gangster, thug and just a general tool.

I'd like to Chisora try and pull that shit with Tyson if he was still around! Tyson would knock him down like a tent peg!

i think chisora would have done the same to tyson..he squared up to vk after the fight,he spat in his brothers face & faced haye within hours! i recall a old foe of mike tyson tried this (mitch green) tyson bashed him with one punch.

Haye was out of order I don't disagree but not to an extent that warranted the actions of Chisora who from what I can tell was the main aggressor.

Now Haye was an idiot, picking up a camera tripod is something nobody can defend and he should be punished by the sport and the law if required.

Haye made the first aggressive move though. Chisora got in his face sure, but Haye glassed him before he'd made any real aggressive movement.

It was probably the worst glassing in the history of glassings (right into the chest, yeah that's gonna do much) but still. He glassed him.

i think chisora would have done the same to tyson..he squared up to vk after the fight,he spat in his brothers face

Difference is though the Klitschko's are two of the most placid people in boxing. You must have saw the Haye build up where Haye did everything he could to rile them and they just took it.

Tyson would have murdered him there and then if he tried anything like what he did with Vlad.

He's got a bottle in his right hand, and he throws a left, then smacks him with the bottle in his right.

Now you can argue over if it was just instinct and he forgot that he had a bottle in his hand, but it's definitely a glassing.

Ok I've just watched

3 times and I can't see anything to suggest Haye tried or succeeded in bottling anyone. Now granted there will be countless different angles of video's of the incident but on the basis of this one I don't believe it.

All this seems to show is Chisora claiming to have been bottled but with nothing to suggest he has and Adam Booth claiming he has been glassed and looking like he has been. Oh and the threats by Chisora to shoot and burn Haye.

Ok a bit of googling and I turned up the below picture.

He clearly hits him with a bottle in his hand which is idiotic but I'd argue it is a case of that rather than him bottling him.

His fist is closed around the neck of the bottle and its his fist that strikes him not the bottle. If Haye had hit him in the chest with the bottle with that kind of force Chisora would have more than some beer on his t-shirt to show for it.

Stupid? No question. A case of him bottling Chisora? No not for me.

jb0fgj.jpg

He didn't hit him in the chest though.

If he had punched him in the eye, then Chisora would have been ****.

That's a pretty overly sympathetic point of view, Trent. If you don't mind me saying.

So I must be missing something here, what do you mean he didn't hit him in the chest?

I'm not sure I'm getting your point about if he had hit him in the eye either.

I'm not sypathetic to Haye at all if you read my earlier posts, I'm just not convinced he bottled him as I said I think he punched him with a bottle in his hand. Now that is stupid for a whole host of reasons but I think its different to bottling someone personally.

At first I held your view because I thought Haye had gone their to promote his own cause of his own back. However he is officially retired and was at the fight and the press conference as part of a media team (not sure for which broadcaster) covering the fight.

So his presence there if not his motives were legitimate and reasonable.

He was there working for Boxnation covering the fight but had finished his work before the press conference and was due to leave the arena before the press conference started.

So I must be missing something here, what do you mean he didn't hit him in the chest?

I'm not sure I'm getting your point about if he had hit him in the eye either.

I'm not sypathetic to Haye at all if you read my earlier posts, I'm just not convinced he bottled him as I said I think he punched him with a bottle in his hand. Now that is stupid for a whole host of reasons but I think its different to bottling someone personally.

Looks like he hits him in the chin.

But my point was just because he missed his face doesn't mean you can excuse him. If he'd connected mroe with Chisora's eye and the bottle had smashed in his hand then it could have been a whole lot worse.

I'm not sayin ghe bottled him in the sense that he shoved a bottle into his face.

But smashing a bottle into someone's face, which is what he did, whether his hand was in the way or not, is not excusable.

And I'm not saying you're excusing it, but it sounded like you were playing it down. Apologies if that wasn't the intention

No apology needed, in a way yes I was playing it down but then I'm reassessing my view the more I'm seeing of it.

I'm certainly not excusing him, not at all. I guess I just thought better of him than to think he would glass someone, I'm still of the opinion he hit him in the chest with a bottle in his hand rather than glassed him but I can see why others thing differently.

Â