The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Been watching Tim Tszyu for a while now. Obviously got a leg up because of the name and who his dad was but ive took notice since the Horn fight. Beat a top 5 junior middleweight in Tony Harrison and in style. Was supposed to fight Charlo in January but got postponed because Charlo got injured. Charlo be favourite but Tszyu a very live dog in that fight. Probably summer time it happens. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Fury is really startibg to get unlikeable throwibg all these conditions at uysk latest one being no rematch i mean ffs fury justvsign the deal you fool

Persona wise hes returned to what he was before he went off the rails. 

The absolute worst thing about boxing is the lack of ability to force these big fights to happen by the governing bodies. It plays into the hands of the boxers/promoters who want to duck fights or take the piss with a contract. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I think Fury is scared of Usyk. That’s not to say he can’t or won’t win, but I think he is intimidated by him. 

He knows Usyk can beat him if hes not on his game, ATM Usyk is my favourite to win this fight, if it happens. I would guess Fury isn't training at anywhere near the levels he needs to. 

5 hours ago, tinker said:

He knows Usyk can beat him if hes not on his game, ATM Usyk is my favourite to win this fight, if it happens. I would guess Fury isn't training at anywhere near the levels he needs to. 

Joyce will beat him if he's not on his game.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Joyce will beat him if he's not on his game.

I would pay to watch Joyce fight any of them,  class act , deserves a shot. Can't believe Dubois has a chance of Usyk before him tbh. 

• Like 1

Dropping like flies over at DAZN. Okolie first and now Buatsi deflected to boxerr and sky. Hearn not telling the true story. Said Buatsi was offered over a million to fight Bivol. He was. Buatsi confirmed though that it came with a caveat. Had to sign with Hearn for 3-4 more fights. Buatsi basically confirmed what we all thought too and many of his stable are getting worried about  - stuck behind an app that STILL nobody knows much about. They overestimated this venture. Said DAZN would be the netflix of boxing. Boxing is a niche sport. It’s not football. I love boxing but it is a niche sport. Unless DAZN wins a PL rights package, i don’t see how it survives. You can’t have an app just dedicated to boxing and matchrooms other shite sports . 

• Like 2

Been over to Hereford tonight to see a night put on by the City of Hereford Boxing Academy. Really good night.

Had a good chat with this chap. Really nice guy. Lost his fight (to a guy from Birmingham) but much respect earned.

Man who weighed 26 stone and scoffed 35 Double Deckers weekly drops 11 stone in a year

Young lad from Chepstow put in the performance of the night for me. Tall and wirey but he dominated his fight.

Definitely be keeping an eye out for upcoming events.

• Like 1

On 16/03/2023 at 00:38, Johnnyp said:

Dropping like flies over at DAZN. Okolie first and now Buatsi deflected to boxerr and sky. Hearn not telling the true story. Said Buatsi was offered over a million to fight Bivol. He was. Buatsi confirmed though that it came with a caveat. Had to sign with Hearn for 3-4 more fights. Buatsi basically confirmed what we all thought too and many of his stable are getting worried about  - stuck behind an app that STILL nobody knows much about. They overestimated this venture. Said DAZN would be the netflix of boxing. Boxing is a niche sport. It’s not football. I love boxing but it is a niche sport. Unless DAZN wins a PL rights package, i don’t see how it survives. You can’t have an app just dedicated to boxing and matchrooms other shite sports . 

I couldn't think of a better sight than Eddie Hearn, standing there with his tail between his legs.🤣🤣

On 14/03/2023 at 07:13, Genie said:

I think Fury is scared of Usyk. That’s not to say he can’t or won’t win, but I think he is intimidated by him. 

He's not scared of Usyk, per se, I think he may well be scared of losing to him. That fear could be the motivating factor him and his trainer will use in the build-up, should the fight materialise. 

On 16/03/2023 at 00:38, Johnnyp said:

Unless DAZN wins a PL rights package, i don’t see how it survives. You can’t have an app just dedicated to boxing and matchrooms other shite sports . 

Even if they had a PL rights package I'm not sure it would survive. People are tired of having to have 18 different sports subscriptions so they just don't bother and stream what they want to see illegally. It's the same thing the music industry went through years ago. Offer a reasonably priced service that has everything and people will subscribe to it (Spotify). Otherwise there's always a stream or dodgy box available. 

I think Fury has lost the plot again. Posted on his social media a video calling Uysk a gap teethed, cock eyed word removed, who has bottle the fight, real classy. What I heard was Uysk finally agreed to 70/30 with a million going to Ukrainian war fund which was agreed even though it was a bit tight. Then fury wanted a rematch payment of 80/20 which Uysk would not agree to, an fair play. Fury who don't do it for the money is taking the piss. 

I tell you what is really happening. Fury don't want the fight at Wembley, he want the big bucks in the middle east, so will wait till that opportunity to arise. It's destroyed football, an is now destroying boxing, all the big players will only wanna fight in the middle east cause they offer insane amounts of money,

Usyk beats an unfit Fury and that's why he ain't taking the fight,  he ain't ready. 

Dubois getting the Usyk fight is a complete joke,  Joyce must be furious and so he should be. Dubois will get battered by Usyk , he should have lost his last fight but didn't after some dodgy counting and an strange tko. 

Dubois getting a shot is the real scandal,  Fury being Fury isn't nothing new. 

• Like 1

Â