The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

4 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

Think the hysteria over it is ridiculous to be honest. He's a retired boxer, its totally up to him if he wants to do a few lines while partying. He's not exactly glorifying it, someone filmed it and put it out without his consent.

Why do we keep up this constant narrative that it isn't rife in sports, politics and throughout the general public.

Thought the obligatory boxer combo at the end was funny though.

He was debating another fight to be fair, all over now though I guess.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

No what happened??

It’s actually a non story. Does a line of white. He’s retired. He’s doing what a fair chunk of lads doing on a Saturday night. Sullys his image i guess but whatever. 

Callum Smith saying he could beat Berterbiev has got to be one of the funniest predictions I've heard in a long time. He got bullied by a guy who started out as a light - welterweight and has the temerity to make such a ridiculous statement as that.

If you listen carefully, you can actually hear the roaring laughter of the whole boxing World.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Callum Smith saying he could beat Berterbiev has got to be one of the funniest predictions I've heard in a long time. He got bullied by a guy who started out as a light - welterweight and has the temerity to make such a ridiculous statement as that.

If you listen carefully, you can actually hear the roaring laughter of the whole boxing World.

It’s a scouse thing in boxing. They all do it. His brothers. Bellew saying he’d “ decapatite “ Adonis Stevenson . Stevenson stood him on his head in 5 rounds. Fowler. Idiots and absolutely deluded. Callum gave it enough of the big talk prior to Canelo too. Fought scared. Was scared. Ryder beat him. Says it all. Beterbiev sends him to hospital. 

Edited by Johnnyp

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

This guys “ career “ has been a hail mary punch against an absolute shop worn and past it , George Groves. How does he keep getting opportunities. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

It’s a scouse thing in boxing. They all do it. His brothers. Bellew saying he’d “ decapatite “ Adonis Stevenson . Stevenson stood him on his head in 5 rounds. Fowler. Idiots and absolutely deluded. Callum gave it enough of the big talk prior to Canelo too. Fought scared. Was scared. Ryder beat him. Says it all. Beterbiev sends him to hospital. 

🤞🤞

On 30/01/2023 at 22:10, Johnnyp said:

It’s actually a non story. Does a line of white. He’s retired. He’s doing what a fair chunk of lads doing on a Saturday night. Sullys his image i guess but whatever. 

He's been doing it for years out of camp. This isn't some new fad. They're are a lot more fighters than people realise sniff that shit. 

Not many times id side with Hearn but the fallout between himself and Okolie is a very bad example of when a fighter gets bad people around him and ditch what brought him success. I think he’s a very limited world champion who Hearn promoted brilliantly and manoeuvred to a world title. Now he’s there, ditched his management company 258 ( AJ’S management also ) and Hearn and now Shane McGuigan ( very capable and underrated trainer ) He’s brought on board a lot of hangers on who are giving him bad advice. Moving to Sky and Shalom - huge money offered , i get that, maximise revenues, short career etc but he’s absolutely ripe for that picking. He genuinely believes it’s his in ring ability and it alone that’s got him this far. He’s not naturally talented. Needed a lot to fall in line for him to get here end he’s eroding that now. 

10 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Not many times id side with Hearn but the fallout between himself and Okolie is a very bad example of when a fighter gets bad people around him and ditch what brought him success. I think he’s a very limited world champion who Hearn promoted brilliantly and manoeuvred to a world title. Now he’s there, ditched his management company 258 ( AJ’S management also ) and Hearn and now Shane McGuigan ( very capable and underrated trainer ) He’s brought on board a lot of hangers on who are giving him bad advice. Moving to Sky and Shalom - huge money offered , i get that, maximise revenues, short career etc but he’s absolutely ripe for that picking. He genuinely believes it’s his in ring ability and it alone that’s got him this far. He’s not naturally talented. Needed a lot to fall in line for him to get here end he’s eroding that now. 

I remember when he stepped up to whyte and whytes brother told him off. He looked like he was cacking it.

I dont think okolie is anything special at all. Who has he beaten thats good?

I had wondered if Usyk would ever drop weights to fight a decent Russian fightee and sort of found my answer , cracking fight and shows how good Usyk is, Fury is not a clear favourite if they ever fight. I can see Usyk fighting Berterbiev again, once Fury sorted, one way or the other.

Berterbiev V Usyk

1 hour ago, tinker said:

I had wondered if Usyk would ever drop weights to fight a decent Russian fightee and sort of found my answer , cracking fight and shows how good Usyk is, Fury is not a clear favourite if they ever fight. I can see Usyk fighting Berterbiev again, once Fury sorted, one way or the other.

Berterbiev V Usyk

Usyk fought and beat the brakes off an elite russian world champion in Gassiev, in Russia. I think he fights Fury and retires. Win or lose. Stands nothing to gain really from fighting and beating Beterbiev. If they fight, it will be at cruiserweight. If you are fighting at heavyweight you can’t just flippantly decide “ yeah im doing cruiserweight “ there’s a weight cut. Cruiserweight is 201lbs and under. Usyk hasn’t had to cut weight since he came to heavyweight and he’s bulked up some. He ain’t doing that at this stage of his career. There will always be someone else when you beat the perceived best out there. Fury and he’s out i think 

• Like 1

Â