Best Film of 2009?

TheWalletInspector

What has been the best film of 2009?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. What has been the best film of 2009?

• The Taking of Pelham 123
    • Public Enemies
    • Terminator Salvation
    • Slumdog Millionaire
    • Angels & Demons
    • Watchmen
    • Star-Trek
    • Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
    • Up!
    • The Hangover
    • Bruno
    • Inglorious Basterds
    • Zombieland

I've seen I Love You Man a few times. It's probably one of the worst films I've ever seen. Even crap action films without any story at all can keep me watching, but I just found myself not being interested in the slightest to this. Will need to watch a few I haven't seen on that list to give an answer.
Why have you watched the worst film you have ever seen a "few times" :shock:

I've seen I Love You Man a few times. It's probably one of the worst films I've ever seen. Even crap action films without any story at all can keep me watching, but I just found myself not being interested in the slightest to this. Will need to watch a few I haven't seen on that list to give an answer.
Why have you watched the worst film you have ever seen a "few times" :shock:

I probably didn't word it very well. I meant I've seen it a few times in this thread, mentioned as a top film.

That is really tough in all honesty. There have been quite a few good films out this year. There are some that aren't even on the list. However, I will choose from the ones on the list, as it makes the choice easier (slightly).

I think the best films have been Public Enemies, The Hangover, Star Trek and Zombieland. I enjoyed each of them for different reasons. It really is difficult to compare them being that they are all varying styles of film. However, if I had to choose one then I would go for Public Enemies. Fantastic film in my opinion, plus I am into that whole era so I enjoyed it a lot.

I said I wasn't going to mention films that aren't on the list. Yet, there are a few (that I can remember) that I feel are also deserving of a mention. They are: In The Loop, Mesrine (Killer Instinct and Part 2) and Moon. I can't think of any others right now but I think they are also worth a mention.

Biggest let down for me was Funny People. It was good, however I expected so much more. 2012 was also a terrible film, although I didn't expect too much from it to be honest.

Anyway, that is my take on the year, from the best group of films to a couple of poor films.

I watched Funny People tonight.

I thought it was terrible. Just not an enjoyable watch as far as I was concerned. I also thought Knocked Up was shit. I like Seth Rogen, but not many of his films.

Let the right one in, if it is indeed this year, seems i saw it ages ago.

Pure fun Zombieland, Bastards & Star Trek all worth a mention.

Worse?

Easily Transformers and Wolverine. How a film can have robots and explosions be boring and make no sense, is quite an achievement!

let_the_right_one_in_ver3.jpg

I'm gonna have to say this. Released in April 2009. Recommended to me by D1 and Sie, both posters on this very website. A sensationally good film.

I have heard some really good reveiws on this. Really good.

Is it in English though, or is it subtitled?

shouldn't put me off, but it does, if it's foreign language.

My fave film this year: definitely UP!

For a CGI i think it's fantastic.

It is both touching and funny, and leaves you with a warm glow afterwards.

Â