Best Film of 2009?

TheWalletInspector

What has been the best film of 2009?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. What has been the best film of 2009?

• The Taking of Pelham 123
    • Public Enemies
    • Terminator Salvation
    • Slumdog Millionaire
    • Angels & Demons
    • Watchmen
    • Star-Trek
    • Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
    • Up!
    • The Hangover
    • Bruno
    • Inglorious Basterds
    • Zombieland

i 2nd sherlock holmes looking very good, and its also pretty much the start of award season films getting released, so im looking out for shutter island, the road, where the wild things are etc, plus also merry hill showing serious man and the informant, and i might actually get round to seeing moon

I agree with all of these ones to look out for, apart from Sherlock Holmes. I think it looks like utter garbage to be honest. More money thrown at big actors and big explosive scenes, however it still looks dull. The preview doesn't interest me at all. Hopefully I will be proven wrong, although I just don't think it is my cup of tea.

By the way, seek out Moon as soon as you can. It is well worth a watch and is up there with the best of the year.

Inglourous Basterds and Slumdog (if that was 2009?) for me. I haven't seen as many new films as I'd have liked this year though.

Up! looks very good, so I may ave to change my vote once I've seen it.

Be warned if you fancy buying the blu of Let the right one in, they **** up the release here and in the US, only just getting round to fixing it.

If by "here" you mean the UK then you are mistaken. The UK release has the original theatrical subtitles intended by Tomas Alfredson. There's nothing **** up so buy it with confidence.

The butchered US version of the film that was handled by a different company has already been corrected (reluctantly) and distributed to stores. However, there is still a chance you'll get the version with awful simplified subtitles as it was not recalled.

Be warned if you fancy buying the blu of Let the right one in, they **** up the release here and in the US, only just getting round to fixing it.

If by "here" you mean the UK then you are mistaken. The UK release has the original theatrical subtitles intended by Tomas Alfredson. There's nothing **** up so buy it with confidence.

The butchered US version of the film that was handled by a different company has already been corrected (reluctantly) and distributed to stores. However, there is still a chance you'll get the version with awful simplified subtitles as it was not recalled.

I'm afraid i'm not mistaken, there is a video glitch in the UK release also no lossless audio. Proven by Momentum the UK distributor, providing replacement disks if you contact them and your effected.

1) Let The Right One In

2) Star Trek

3) The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (after I'd re-subtitled it from the bodge job) Looking forward to a proper-English translated release in January 2010.

Moon and Telstar have just made the list (in no particular order).

Can the poll list be re-done?

As there is only about 5 films on there that are good, all the rest are bloody awful!

I think TWI said he'd redo it at the end of december with the most popular choices.

Can the poll list be re-done?

As there is only about 5 films on there that are good, all the rest are bloody awful!

I think TWI said he'd redo it at the end of december with the most popular choices.

And maybe the fact that we're a lot of people on here that might vote and all might not agree with you Jez on which movies that are good or not? :)

• 4 weeks later...

i watched in the loop last night, was very good but for me at least, if you take out peter capaldi there's very little there, very few laughs without him on the screen (although i did like tony soprano working out the number of available troops for an invasion force on a pink vtech)

Harry Potter for me, closely followed by The Hangover.

It seems that I'm the only one who hates films like Avatar, 2012 and StarTrek. All of the films mentioned have too much emphasis on special effects which bore me and have a boring and predictable storyline. I know Harry Potter does as well but you've got to love Harry Potter

Â