Best Film of 2009?

TheWalletInspector

What has been the best film of 2009?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. What has been the best film of 2009?

• The Taking of Pelham 123
    • Public Enemies
    • Terminator Salvation
    • Slumdog Millionaire
    • Angels & Demons
    • Watchmen
    • Star-Trek
    • Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
    • Up!
    • The Hangover
    • Bruno
    • Inglorious Basterds
    • Zombieland

Inglourious Basterds for me. Fantastic film.

The Hangover is probably the funniest film I've seen this year, although I also like I Love You, Man.

Not seen a few on the list but don't intend to, other than probably Zombieland and Terminator.

And this 'Let the Right One In' that you all seem to be raving about, what kind of film is it? (Without spoiling it for me, obviously).

Let the Right One In

I have heard some really good reveiws on this. Really good.

Is it in English though, or is it subtitled?

shouldn't put me off, but it does, if it's foreign language.

It's Swedish and subtitled. Seriously though, don't let that put you off.

There is an atrocious American dub of it and another version with butchered, simplified subtitles but neither are available in the UK. Those alterations were crowbarred in for the moron sector of the US audience - pissing off Tomas Alfredson in the process.

To add further insult, Hollywood is unnecessarily remaking it to cash in, re-writing the story so it's set in America - pissing off Tomas Alfredson in the process.

Let the Right One In

There is an atrocious American dub of it and another version with butchered, simplified subtitles but neither are available in the UK. Those alterations were crowbarred in for the moron sector of the US audience - pissing off Tomas Alfredson in the process.

To add further insult, Hollywood is unnecessarily remaking it to cash in, re-writing the story so it's set in America - pissing off Tomas Alfredson in the process.

The fact it's foreign enhances it for me. I like subtitled stuff anyway as you get drawn into the film but as it is fairytale like, the foreign land aspect adds to that.

It's slow and wont be the most enjoyable film but it's a really superb piece of film making. I recommend giving it 2 watches though as you really do appreciate how well shot it is in the second.

Plus you will spend the 2nd really looking forward to the swimming pool scene!

Sie...your avatar is awesome.

I cant believe Let The Right One In isn't their and fecking Angels and Demons is.

I hadn't heard of Let The Right One In until yesterday.

Who would of thought Swedish Horrors are so popular on VT?

There was a lot of buzz about it. I do think it is up there amongst the best of the year actually. However, my top choice still stands... :D

Let the Right One In

But he will get loads of money wont he?

Was Gran Torino2009? If so, that would be on my list. Loved that film.

good shout.

forgot that one - top film.

was 2009, according to IMDB: Release Date:27 February 2009

In that case that's my favourite film of the year.

Maybe we could do a new poll once this thread has run it's course with the most popular choices?

Was Gran Torino2009? If so, that would be on my list. Loved that film.

good shout.

forgot that one - top film.

was 2009, according to IMDB: Release Date:27 February 2009

In that case that's my favourite film of the year.

Maybe we could do a new poll once this thread has run it's course with the most popular choices?

Come January 1st i'll do a new one with the top choices plus Let The Right One In, Gran Torino and anything else I missed.

Benjamin Button was 2009, haven't seen it myself but heard good things about it. Anyone seen it?

Hmmmm, it's worth a watch. I thought it was a good film, however it does drag a bit. Check it out though and judge for yourself. :D

Benjamin Button was 2009, haven't seen it myself but heard good things about it. Anyone seen it?

I watched 72 minutes, but then for some reason I had to wait another 54 minutes. After 10 mins waiting I realised I didn't care what was going to happen. So I gave up.

Â