Best Film of 2009?

TheWalletInspector

What has been the best film of 2009?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. What has been the best film of 2009?

• The Taking of Pelham 123
    • Public Enemies
    • Terminator Salvation
    • Slumdog Millionaire
    • Angels & Demons
    • Watchmen
    • Star-Trek
    • Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
    • Up!
    • The Hangover
    • Bruno
    • Inglorious Basterds
    • Zombieland

• VT Supporter
Harry Potter for me, closely followed by The Hangover.

It seems that I'm the only one who hates films like Avatar, 2012 and StarTrek. All of the films mentioned have too much emphasis on special effects which bore me and have a boring and predictable storyline. I know Harry Potter does as well but you've got to love Harry Potter

you don't like predictable storylines yet like Harry Potter and The Hangover?

Ok you admit it over HP, but The Hangover relies soley on the premise of men getting drunk.

I thought Avatar was an excellent film in spite of the special effects, and the 3d stuff was entirely redundant and simply added occasional gloss to the cinema showing. Otherwise pointless.

But anyway I don't mind formulaic storylines as they can often be done very well, but I think it's a bit odd to use it as a point of criticism for some films and then ignore it for others :winkold:

Avatar is by far the best film of 2009.

Please tell me that's a joke. Praise its looks all you want and call it the best looking film of the year. However I really can't grasp how it could even be considered as one of the best films of the year. Each to their own though...

I haven't watched Avatar... all the Ferngully comparisons have put me off a bit; how can ANY film compare to Ferngully? Sheer cinematic gold. Though I think I missed the point somewhat when watching the film, as I was always rooting for the giant-singing-toxic-cloud-Tim-Curry-thingy.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â