PL: Spurs h Match Thread 2009/11/28 17:30

limpid

Yes but despite the fact I misread it, still disproves the theory doesn't it? You're only as good as you're last game.

Sorry, don't agree with that either. If Man United win 37 games in a row and lose the 38th does that mean they're no good?! :winkold:

Back to the point over a 90 minute football match Young will be all over Corluka. He's so slow and clumsy I expect him to have a field day!

Agreed - he's massively overrated by Spurs fans and so is Assou-Ekotto. I went on a Spurs forum a few days before they got hammered by Arsenal and there were about half-a-dozen Spudites saying Ekotto is better than Clichy lol.

Yes but despite the fact I misread it, still disproves the theory doesn't it? You're only as good as you're last game.

Sorry, don't agree with that either. If Man United win 37 games in a row and lose the 38th does that mean they're no good?! :winkold:

Back to the point over a 90 minute football match Young will be all over Corluka. He's so slow and clumsy I expect him to have a field day![/quote]

I cant remember the last time he had a field day against anyone to be honest

This is a Massive huge game of mammoth proportions :lol:

The Villa > Spurs games always seem hard fought battles, and usually really enjoyable, one of the best games i have ever seen was the Villa Spurs games a couple of season ago that Spurs came back into having been well beaten by Villa for most of the game. Seemed no end to that game, we were hitting the post one end, seconds later they were hitting ours, really fantastic stuff, crowd went bananas.

So down to the nuts and bolts, we need to win this, goes without saying, but we really do, this is not just 3 points, its a placement battle, who will be the real contenders for 5th spot, they have Jem Defoe, we have the fantastic, like grease lightening ( Rocky movie) Gabriel Agbonlahor. Gabby don't know if you look at this kind of thing but i insist the real Gabby Agbonlahor please step up for this.....please. Defoe will be on cloud nine and difficult to handle and we don't have another striker you can really depend on, down to you mate.

Fantastic game.

Also, 4-5-1, the reason i put so much emphasis on Gabby is to throw him up front and put responsibility on him, he carried the side up front for a good part of last season, in fact when we were at our best, on his own and did well, also would allow us to facilitate Young, Downing and Milner in midfield.

I have a horrid feeling about this one

If spuds get CL next season it could mean we will struggle big time to ever catch them again

They some how seem to make money hand over fist already and with a new 56k stadium about 4 or 5 years off will be way out of our leagie in terms of finances and if they get CL the big names will turn up

We simply have to win and I see Corluka as their weak link and if Ash can be on top form we can get at them, depends who they play at CB too as last weeks pairing of Woodgate and Dawson aren't the quickest not sure what King's fitness is or the other guy they got from Newcastle.

Think they will come at us from the off, so could be time to batten down the hatches!

I think the tiny tots have beaten us about 2 times in 2 decades at Villa Park. Can't say I'll be losing any sleep over it! :lol:

Aha but it was the last game... :winkold:

I have a pretty good feeling about saturday actually, probably means we will lose now though.

If spuds get CL next season it could mean we will struggle big time to ever catch them again

They some how seem to make money hand over fist already and with a new 56k stadium about 4 or 5 years off will be way out of our leagie in terms of finances and if they get CL the big names will turn up

Agree totally with this.

I'm interested to know more about how Spurs generate their income. Perhaps if Glaston or Joey55 are about sometime they could give us all a brief overview.

Agree totally with this.

I'm interested to know more about how Spurs generate their income. Perhaps if Glaston or Joey55 are about sometime they could give us all a brief overview.

Guess its because they sell out every game (36k) and they are bloody expensive, adult prices seem to range from £27 to £73 compared to ours £17 to £43

Also haven't they got one of the top 10 riches shirts sponsors in the world!

Agree totally with this.

Guess its because they sell out every game (36k) and they are bloody expensive, adult prices seem to range from £27 to £73 compared to ours £17 to £43

Also haven't they got one of the top 10 riches shirts sponsors in the world!

St Micheal isn't it aka Marks and Sparks :lol:

Not long now, its all getting very exciting.

Ashley Young will be on the internet :lol:

Gabby will have just put on the B.E.P. listening to " I've got a feeling"

Milner will be eating the biggest hovis doorstep sandwich with a slate infill ever made.

Carew will be reading Men Only.

Downing will be reading the book " how to make a million in Middelsboro and survive".

MON will have gone shopping with the family giving strict instructions to only buy british.

Heskey..well Heskey is just lyming.

Dunne is getting ready for his night school lesson in how to speak French.

So were good to go.

1. They charge a number of people about £250k to be non executive members of the board (or some other title) which basically means they get to swan around like they are important. London bankers probably.

2. They charge more for tickets and season tickets

3. They seem to do better than us when it comes to finding sponsers

4. For some reason they seem to be able to sell their players at hugely inflated prices

1. They charge a number of people about £250k to be non executive members of the board (or some other title) which basically means they get to swan around like they are important. London bankers probably.

2. They charge more for tickets and season tickets

3. They seem to do better than us when it comes to finding sponsers

4. For some reason they seem to be able to sell their players at hugely inflated prices

1. Not correct. In fact Tottenham Hotspur plc has just a single non-executive director (Sir Keith Mills) and two executive directors (Daniel Levy and Matthew Collecott).

2) True. Plus the stadium is sold out for almost all games. Premier League gate receipts brought in £19.8m - plus £8.1m in gate receipts and prize monies for cup competitions - for the 12 months til June 2009.

3) True. The current shirt sponsorship deal is the 7th largest in football globally. And the total sponsorship package (including not just the shirts) is the 3rd largest in the Prem and includes:

* A minimum of £34 million over the four seasons from Mansion for 2006-07 to 2009 10. This expires at the end of this season and the search for a new sponsor is all tied in with the new stadium plans (naming rights etc).

* 20m over 5 years, from Feb. 2006, from Puma as technical sponsors.

* Deals with Carlsberg and Ensleigh Insurance (I don't know how much for).

In total sponsorship (plus corporate hospitality) brought in £27.4m for the 12 months til June 2009.

4) Often (but not always) true. This was especially the case during the 12 months til June 2009, and is the main reason why Spurs announced record pre-tax profits of £33.4 million.

In addition:

* Merchandising: £7m for the 12 months til June 2009.

* Media and broadcasting revenues: £44.8m for the 12 months til June 2009. Spurs get chosen quite a lot - more than the average Prem club - for coverage in live televised games.

Fair enough they may not be called that but the position (name unknown) does exist and cost that amount.

Spurs have probably had more money than us for most of the premiership era but we've still managed to finish above them in over 70% of those seasons.

In short they make their money from:

a) Expensive tickets

B) Sponsorship

c) TV money

d) Recent years boosted with decent League cup/Uefa cup runs

Would I swap more money for 2 league titles and no European cup? No chance! :lol: