PL: Spurs h Match Thread 2009/11/28 17:30

limpid

Btw, if we are going to be playing a 4-4-2 (which most likely we will be) what does everyone think of Petrov and Downing playing together in midfield rather than Petrov and Sidwell?

I personally just think our midfield would get dominated, I just don't think you can get away with 4 footballers in the middle. I mean since United have gone 4-4-2, who's the main midfielder? nope not their best on the ball but Darren Fletcher as he gets around the pitch so well.

I'd like to see Downing and Young on the flanks, Milner and Reo-Coker centrally IF we had to play 4-4-2.

For me if Spurs go with the same team that beat Wigan with Palacios and Huddlestone in the middle it could play into our hands a bit- as there's a lack of pace and innovation. However if Jenas comes back in, or if they go 4-3-3, we could be in trouble, as MON will almost inevitably pick the same central midfield system which doesn't work. I'd like to see NRC start, ideally in a central 3, but that won't happen i'm sure.

It's just I thought that Man City played into our hands when they came by playing de Jong and Barry. And that could be the case again with Huddlestone and Palacios. I'm interested to compare Palacios and Petrov today- I think Palacios plays a role that Petrov is expected to play by MON, and the former is much better at such a role IMO

Btw, if we are going to be playing a 4-4-2 (which most likely we will be) what does everyone think of Petrov and Downing playing together in midfield rather than Petrov and Sidwell?

This is where I want Downing to play if Young isn't injured although preferably in a central 3. If in a 2 he needs to be with Reo-Coker.