General Chat

Stevo985

My hayfever has been considerably less severe since I started (off-road) running.

But I don't think it's the running per se that's doing it. I have a theory that it's to do with being stung by nettles on a regular basis. You'd think that histamines in nettle stings would make things worse, but they don't.

I know that some people have had success treating arthritis with bee stings, so maybe it's something similar.

So. Go and roll around in a patch of nettles. :)

Been away for a few days. Came back today to find a line of ants coming in through the front room, through the hall, into the bathroom - to a bottle of Listerine on the sink.

It's wasted on them - they breathe through their arse ends.

Been away for a few days. Came back today to find a line of ants coming in through the front room, through the hall, into the bathroom - to a bottle of Listerine on the sink.

It's wasted on them - they breathe through their arse ends.

It's alcoholic though, innit?

Can they still walk in a straight line on their way back home?

My hayfever has been considerably less severe since I started (off-road) running.

But I don't think it's the running per se that's doing it. I have a theory that it's to do with being stung by nettles on a regular basis. You'd think that histamines in nettle stings would make things worse, but they don't.

I know that some people have had success treating arthritis with bee stings, so maybe it's something similar.

How interesting!..I'll bet you go home with green skin patches where you've been rubbing dock leaves on the area to take away the itch?

I get awful hayfever later on in the summer & I appeared to have a bad reaction to the volcanic ash.

Nettle leaves are supposed to be good for you as a tea or to cook with as a vegetable anyhow... Free food!!

How interesting!..I'll bet you go home with green skin patches where you've been rubbing dock leaves on the area to take away the itch?

Hell no - I'm running! No time to stop and wuss around with dock leaves.

One time last summer I took a short cut and realised I'd have to either run about 50 yards straight through a knee-high jungle of nettles OR take the long way round. I went through the nettles.

I think the increased heart rate from the exercise flushes the stuff away from the area pretty quickly, and TBH it doesn't really bother me.

Got 3 missed calls. Rang the number back. A man who wanted to know what part of his business I was interested in. I asked him what business he was in. He says he feeds a fair few cattle. I tell him there's no cattle here. I ask him where he got my number. He says he might have gotten wrong number. Bizarre

Got 3 missed calls. Rang the number back. A man who wanted to know what part of his business I was interested in. I asked him what business he was in. He says he feeds a fair few cattle. I tell him there's no cattle here. I ask him where he got my number. He says he might have gotten wrong number. Bizarre
You fool. You could have just missed out on some bargain cattle feed.

I regularly walk the dogs on the farmer's fields and get my fair share of nettle stings. Can't say it's helped though.

Â