General Chat

Stevo985

I'm desperate to get back to work.  Going stir **** crazy with all the shite daytime TV.  Got a lower respiratory tract infection and been off all week.  Can't even get any bloody sleep, as soon as I lie down I can't stop hacking and sound like two seals having an argument.  If Parkinson tells me I need to get my affairs in order one more time I'm gonna put my fist through the TV.

• Like 1

It's a pretty legendary game to be fair (for all the wrong reasons!)

I'm a little surprised that no-one bid on his collection.

I reckon if you made it a full time job to sell everything in there individually you'd make an absolute fortune.

I'm desperate to get back to work. 

And I'm desperate to get out.

Has a meeting with the pensions dude today, and it turns out that my pensions package is worth more than I thought it was.

Pretty much makes my mind up. :hooray:

• Like 2

Found out today that two lads I know have had second call backs for the 'TOWIE' version of Coventry, called 'Sent to Coventry'...dear god. They are incredibly camp, so I guess they're perfect for it but...man. Of all the places to film such tripe?? There!?! Although they're actually from Nuneaton but watevz

Edited by hogso

my pub has been taken over :(

its my local pub and its literally a 1 minute walk from where I live, its got a bad reputation which stops people coming in (it works in our favor cuz everyone in there knows each other and strangers are more than welcome but the trouble makers don't normally come in), its an orrible old pub but the atmosphere is always cracking in there, there has been no problem in there for at least 3 years and we always have a good crack on a Friday night.

last week a load of...I don't know what you call them, chavs? scally's came in, all late 20's early 30's and as soon as they walked in you could feel the atmosphere change, they were looking for a scrap.

tonight I go in there and see a kid I haven't seen in years and I know he is a prick of the highest order, 20 minutes after him all of his mates come in, 20 minutes after they come in a fight nearly breaks out.

nothing actually happened but I wont be going in there for a few weeks, you know they are only in there because they have been kicked out of every other pub in the area.

feel pretty shit now, that was like my safe haven but now I think I would rather avoid them types and stay away from them rather than stay around until it kicks off.

any way I am sitting down now watching quatermass and the pit with a can of stella waiting for my meal to be delivered

Edited by leemond2008

my pub has been taken over :(

its my local pub and its literally a 1 minute walk from where I live, its got a bad reputation which stops people coming in (it works in our favor cuz everyone in there knows each other and strangers are more than welcome but the trouble makers don't normally come in), its an orrible old pub but the atmosphere is always cracking in there, there has been no problem in there for at least 3 years and we always have a good crack on a Friday night.

last week a load of...I don't know what you call them, chavs? scally's came in, all late 20's early 30's and as soon as they walked in you could feel the atmosphere change, they were looking for a scrap.

tonight I go in there and see a kid I haven't seen in years and I know he is a prick of the highest order, 20 minutes after him all of his mates come in, 20 minutes after they come in a fight nearly breaks out.

nothing actually happened but I wont be going in there for a few weeks, you know they are only in there because they have been kicked out of every other pub in the area.

feel pretty shit now, that was like my safe haven but now I think I would rather avoid them types and stay away from them rather than stay around until it kicks off.

any way I am sitting down now watching quatermass and the pit with a can of stella waiting for my meal to be delivered

Acorn ?

Scotland is the canada of England

Ed Kupfer writes:

Your "X as the Y of Z" post reminded me of the semi-famous "Fractal Theory of Canada", posted to the Usenet group alt.religion.kibology by "Inflatable Space Bunny" many years ago.

Here's a reprint, to save you from having to follow the link:

Background.

Given a community A and an adjacent community C, such that A is prosperous and populous, and C is less populous and prosperous, and nonreciprocal interest of C in the internal affairs of A, often C will need ego compensation by occaisional noisy and noisome display of its superiority over A. In this case C is said to be the canada of A, C = canada(A).

For example, it has been previously established that

canada(California) = Oregon

canada(New York) = New Hampshire

canada(Australia) = New Zealand

canada(England) = Scotland

The Fractal Theory of Canada.

For all A there exists C such that

C = canada(A)

For example,

canada(USA) = Canada

canada(Canada) = Quebec

canada(Quebec) = Celine Dion

It would appear that the hierarchy would bottom out an individual. However an individual is actually a community of tissues, tissues of cells, cells of molecules, and so forth down into the quantuum froth.

canada(brain) = pineal gland

canada(intestines) = colon

canada(electron) = neutrino

and so on. There is no bottom.

"My God! It's full of Canadas!"

An early Language Log post discussed the fractal deconstruction of yankeehood ("It's Yankees all the way down", 9/12/2003), without however daring to take the process to the subatomic (or even anatomical) level.

If there is one talent I wish I had it would be the ability to paint.

I do quite a bit of oil on canvas painting. I find it therapeutic and a nice challenge away from my usual digital design work.

Highly detailed paintings leave me cold though. I appreciate the skill required and technique but find them creatively shallow. If I wanted something photographic, I would take a photo.

I am buzzing man, yesterday I went the pub and then popped downstairs to my neighbours to order a curry and they paid for that, they refused to let me put anything towards it and today I have just had a phone call telling me to pop downstairs again only to be greeted by a **** gigantic turkey dinner, I have bought it back up and I'll monster that when the football is on.

Only thing that could spoil the day now is a typically shite performance from the villa

Â