General Chat

Stevo985

I'm going to buck the trend here, for the sake of conversation as much as anything, and express my disliking of REM.

I just find their music very bleak and uninspiring. I get the sense that even Shiny Happy People was written in an ironic manner.

I get the sense that even Shiny Happy People was written in an ironic manner.

'Twas, was it not?  Stipe hates it, at any rate.

Michael Stipe talks as if he wishes he could abandon this song, but he's too loyal to his fans to completely disavow it. "I wouldn't say I'm embarrassed by the song, but it has limited appeal for me," he said, pointing out he meant it to be ironic commentary. To further the artistic misunderstanding, Stipe says he adapted the phrase "Shiny Happy People Holding Hands" from a Chinese propaganda poster issued just after the Tiananmen Square massacre.

'Twas, was it not?  Stipe hates it, at any rate.

See, the miserable bastard cannot even afford himself enough joy to appreciate his own 'happy song', which is infact not a happy song at all, but an observation of some chinese propaganda which was peddled out in an attempt to mask the country's brutal past.

The man is troubled I tell ye.

Edited by Shillzz

Pissed off man, my eye's have been stinging me to **** since saturday and I went the doctors yesterday, **** wonderfull I have got viral conjuntivitis.

because its viral they cant give me **** all for it, I have just gotta wait for it to run its course.

I am sitting here all day staring at my squeen with little slinty red eyes

the bird that sits opposite me said that I look like a mole that has just come out of its hole into the sunlight

**** killing me though man

Life's Rich Pageant purchased

Hope you like it then! I was going to second Xann's suggestion of the "Eponymous" compilation (which covers the same era, but takes from more albums).

Pissed off man, my eye's have been stinging me to **** since saturday and I went the doctors yesterday, **** wonderfull I have got viral conjuntivitis.

because its viral they cant give me **** all for it, I have just gotta wait for it to run its course.

I am sitting here all day staring at my squeen with little slinty red eyes

the bird that sits opposite me said that I look like a mole that has just come out of its hole into the sunlight

**** killing me though man

why dont you have time off? its highly contagious isnt it? i can remember having a week off school with it when i was about 12, sat and watched tv feeling absolutely fine for 90% of the day, breaking the crust off in the morning so i could actually open my eyes was the worst bit

Â