General Chat

Stevo985

He was 8 stone, she was about 14.

She must have destroyed him in the bedroom.

Serious maths fail here. :lol:

She is 136kg. I can assure you that's more that 1.75 times 54.4kg, I'm a top scientist. :D

She's 300lbs, that's 21st 6lb. Imagine Ashley Young with Delph on his back holding one of Dunne's legs. That's how much she weighs.

He was 8 stone, she was about 14.

She must have destroyed him in the bedroom.

Serious maths fail here. :lol:

She is 136kg. I can assure you that's more that 1.75 times 54.4kg, I'm a top scientist. :D

She's 300lbs, that's 21st 6lb. Imagine Ashley Young with Delph on his back holding one of Dunne's legs. That's how much she weighs.

1 is next to 2 on the keyboard...

Buh. I had a bitch of a Biology exam yesterday. There's even a FB group about it.

Possibly the worst written exam I have ever sat. It was so loosely based on the syllabus.

**** joke.

Buh. I had a bitch of a Biology exam yesterday. There's even a FB group about it.

Possibly the worst written exam I have ever sat. It was so loosely based on the syllabus.

**** joke.

When I was doing mine (when they were "O"-Levels - 1970!), I revised like **** for Biology, because I knew I wouldn't pass Physics or Chemistry, and this was my only chance of a science.

I needn't have bothered. It was probably the easiest exam ever set. Mostly multiple choice, with questions along the lines (and degree of difficulty) of:

"What do mammals suckle their young on?"

(a) Water

(B) Milk

© Axle grease

(d) Watney's Red Barrel

There was also a wodge of information that you had to answer questions on (about the fluctuating temperatures of a rabbit ove a 24-hour period), but it was actually an English comprehension test - all the information you needed was in the text, no previous knowledge was required.

I stiil only managed a "B", mind you. :oops:

I did terribly in my A Level Biology. I was good at the subject but my attitude in 6th form towards work dived and I couldn;t be arsed, coupled to struggling to be able to remember it all. If I was taught something within minutes I could instinctively do it and be able to do it for a few weeks, then it'd get shoved out by the next thing we learnt. Pissed off my teachers who couldn't get their head around me doing quite so badly when I clearly knew what I was on about. Failed my coursework as well, which was a first for me. Still, measuring limpits was a **** shit topic for coursework and ruined my 18th birthday, so **** it.

That Biology exam question made the news on Radio 5Live earlier
I seriously don't know why they are all whining about the AQA one. I downloaded the paper and I could have had a good go of it and I never even did A level biology.

The problem seems to be that people thought they could pass just by drilling definitions into their heads rather than actually understanding the subject.

Then when they've had questions that haven't asked them to merely regurgitate those definitions but actually apply the knowledge they should have gained, they'd had a fit as they can't do it.

is AQA one of these governing bodies that uses percentages to work out grades anyway? ie they work out what % is an A grade according to what % of the exam takers achieved it? the other grades are worked out from there

so for example if the paper was really that bad and the top 5% of student only manage say 50/100, then anything above 46/100 constitutes an A, 40/100 a B and so on, but if the exam was still fairly easy and the top students are getting 95/100 then an A will be based around the 90/100 mark (hence the reason when people say exams get easier every year i find it hard not to laugh)

Â