General Chat

Stevo985

I mean OK, from a completely technical standpoint you might be right.

No, from a technical standpoint it's 100% wrong.

The definition of meat is "The flesh of an animal as food". Therefore technically, fish is most definitely meat.

From a modern linguistic standpoint you could argue that meat is limited to the flesh of mammals, but that's an artificial limitation based on usage, not on actual technical facts. Same as poultry is often excluded from the term "meat", but it's still meat.

What I want to know is why eggs are always listed as dairy. I mean cows don't lay eggs.

What I want to know is why eggs are always listed as dairy. I mean cows don't lay eggs.

i also want to know the answer to this.

They aren't so I guess the answer is " general ignorance" © QI

They aren't dairy, but I think they get lumped in with it as they both qualify as "animal product that isn't actually the meat of the animal".

They aren't dairy, but I think they get lumped in with it as they both qualify as "animal product that isn't actually the meat of the animal".

So, a cow pat would be listed as dairy as well ? !

So, a cow pat would be listed as dairy as well ? !

:lol:

only if you eat it?

i've been to a village in India where all the houses are made from cowpat.

strangely enough, they didn't have running water but had a tv in the house!

Chaps,

A group of my friends are currently fawning over the following photo on facebook, it has thousands of likes and comments along the likes of "OMG it looks so amazing" and so on.

Am I being stupid, or is it clearly a computer generated image?

521354_296624390434157_1814351068_n.jpg

being and Ex IT bloke people in the office often bring their home PC's for me to fix when they riddle them with spyware and what not

seems one of the ladys in the office husband has been up to no good on various chat rooms and has had women sending him pictures of themselves topless ... probably harmless enough but always amusing when i find this sort of stuff

Probably harmless enough? You reckon he's a trainee breast surgeon? :) I too get the "Oh you're in I.T., here spend 4 hours of your visit sorting out my **** of a PC that I can't use properly while I pay you **** all to do it". Eh, no, maybe next time.

It's hot as **** in Boston today, so I'm off to the coast of Maine for a few days. BBQ, fireworks, boat rides, lobsters, it's gonna be great. I fully expect 3 more signings by the time I get back!

Laters

Â