General Chat

Stevo985

to be honest the only thing that makes it unusual is how other people completely disregard it, they hear it and turn their nose up, saying that though I dont know how many people I have got to love at least 1 townes van zandt or guy clark track but when you play it enough around them without forcing them to listen to it they often end up liking it

and that is my mates who are into dub step and shit like that

I've got a 3cd set in the car. All the stereotypical stuff, ring of fire, islands in the stream, jolene. Good singalong stuff.

actually almost as if to prove my point without thinking about it when I was typing that post out the reason I am on my laptop and not on my iphone is because I am doing a bird at work (she dont have that bad a taste in music in a fairness) a shite load of cd's

townes van zandt

guy clark

hayes carll

chuck brodsky

ray wylie hubbard

steve young

each one she personally requested after nicking my ipod during a couple of lunch breaks

Violently opposed to all that old 'shit' when I was in school. I used to actively dislike people for having Camel or Rush written on their bag. Music stopped at around about the Yardbirds / Small Faces and didn't start again until Dr Feelgood.

A wise choice. Rush fans are very hateable.

Listening to a podcast recently they had a debate on whether there is a time when you need to get into Rush by or you'll never 'get' it.

Personally, can't stand the band.

Listening to a podcast recently they had a debate on whether there is a time when you need to get into Rush by or you'll never 'get' it.

Personally, can't stand the band.

I wouldn't say I can't stand them, but I have tried and they just didn't 'stick'. I think Geddy Lee's voice is the problem. There's Robert Plant and there's fingernails down a blackboard, and I'm afraid he falls into the latter camp.

The Ayn **** Rand connection didn't do them any favours in my eyes, either.

@mjmooney:

Late 60s music ?

That"s quite close to the instrumental music that I like.I take it that you know the music of.

Dwaine Eddy.

Ackerbilk.

Sandy Nelson.

Herb Alpert. etc etc etc ?

@mjmooney:

Late 60s music ?

That"s quite close to the instrumental music that I like.I take it that you know the music of.

Dwaine Eddy.

Ackerbilk.

Sandy Nelson.

Herb Alpert. etc etc etc ?

I know it of course, but, er... not really my sort of thing.

You have to bear in mind that that stuff was closer to what my parents would have been listening to, while I was into the likes of Cream, Jethro Tull, Traffic, etc.

Nowadays, I don't mind hearing a bit of that cheesy MOR stuff occasionally, but I wouldn't say it was high up in my favourites.

There's a www.godtube.com :lol:
Opening video: "INCREDIBLE STORY! Former White Supremacist Skin Head Gives Life to Jesus"

Well, I AM surprised...

Your "Agnus Dei" in your sig is how I found that site.
Yep, Agnus Dei, "The Lamb of God".

I particularly liked the bit in the Wikipedia entry about the "lion-like lamb which rises to deliver victory after being slain". Seemed appropriate for the Villa.

I particularly liked the bit in the Wikipedia entry about the "lion-like lamb which rises to deliver victory after being slain". Seemed appropriate for the Villa.

Shouldn't it then be "Aston Villa - Agnus Dei" rather than "Paul Lambert - Agnus Dei" ?

Shouldn't it then be "Aston Villa - Agnus Dei" rather than "Paul Lambert - Agnus Dei" ?

Probably. 'The Gods of Lamb' - Dei Agni? My school Latin is a little rusty...

No no, what I meant was that Villa were the metaphorical resurrected lamb, not Lambert. ;)

No no, what I meant was that Villa were the metaphorical resurrected lamb, not Lambert. ;)

Yes, I know. Hence my reversal of the tag, from 'Lamb of God' to 'Gods of Lamb'.

Â