General Chat

Stevo985

I would love to zorb. Not the ones where you make it move like a hamster ball though. I mean the one where you're secured into it and launched down a hill.

I would love to zorb. Not the ones where you make it move like a hamster ball though. I mean the one where you're secured into it and launched down a hill.
Christ. I'd pay a lot of money NOT to do that.

I've just sorting out an application for a job, bit last minute so thought, I can email the application, the deadlines tomorrow, post is cutting it a bit fine, go for the email. Do the application form, which is a pain in the arse in Word and always is (you end up having to fudge around awkwardly laid out tables and requirements for ticking options), everything sorted, knock out a cover letter esque email, whack in the email address, add all the attachments necessary, hit send... 5 minutes letter get an email saying it's failed to send.

It's done this 4 times.

I then used the Outlook link. Which it turns out, says it's to the same address as the one I'd be given, the one that makes sense, but actually isn't, it's to a slightly different address that looks distinctly like a typo. Now that one... that one's gone off fine. As far as I can tell. But I don't trust it, of course, so now I'm running round sorting out A4 envelopes and lots of printing in the hope I can get a first class postal application to the London address before the deadline, which is tomorrow, hoping that by tomorrow being deadline they actually mean tomorrows the last day they'll accept them and not, today is the last day and tomorrow they throw all the ones received in the bin.

What a **** joke. I don't even know whats wrong with the email side of things - every time I send the application to what I understand to be 'the address', I get this notification email saying it failed.

Call them immediately. Ie before end of the working day. Shows initiative and they'll remember you.

Just done that actually, I got the posted application done as well in the vain hope it makes it.

They gave me a direct email to someone, fantastic. In my hurry to get it sent, I left the beginning as a 'Dear sir or madam', when I know their name now. D'oh!

Oh well...

Â