General Chat

Stevo985

Hence the name Valley Parade (one of the stands is actually built on the hill isn't it?).

Pretty tragic history of that ground

It's no longer called valley parade, sold out to some tinpot local window company I think

Other than the fire, what other tragedies has the ground seen ?

Hence the name Valley Parade (one of the stands is actually built on the hill isn't it?).

Pretty tragic history of that ground

It's no longer called valley parade, sold out to some tinpot local window company I think

Other than the fire, what other tragedies has the ground seen ?

I was just talking about the fire.

A startling amount of people don't know about that fire. Considering it was only 4 years before Hillsbrough it's quite strange that that does get the amount of attention

Wasn't it live on tv ? I remember the guy who's hair caught fire

What a horrific day

Wasn't the small Heath / Leeds riot the same day ? Another death there that day

Wasn't it live on tv ? I remember the guy who's hair caught fire

What a horrific day

Wasn't the small Heath / Leeds riot the same day ? Another death there that day

It was yeah.

The footgae is on YouTube (or other similar video sites)

Really harrowing stuff

Living in Gauting, München at the moment. Great experience. I hope to stay here for longer then 3 months.

What countries would you leave the UK for?

I have always liked the idea of spending an extended period of time in Germany.

By the way, when I hit 25 I stopped considering myself "Young"

Really!? Im 29 on Sunday and i still consider myself young. But once you hit your 30's, i think you are officially eligible for a mid-life crisis!

Really!? Im 29 on Sunday and i still consider myself young. But once you hit your 30's, i think you are officially eligible for a mid-life crisis!

Once I was 25 I was closer to 30 than 20. That meant old for me.

On my 25th birthday I genuinely was a bit depressed for a while!

I still act young though. I still consider myself immature (I'm 26 now)

Something for me to look forward to in 25 days then..... :(

Once I was 25 I was closer to 30 than 20. That meant old for me.

On my 25th birthday I genuinely was a bit depressed for a while!

I still act young though. I still consider myself immature (I'm 26 now)

Being immature at times is what keeps me feeling young. The minute you stop laughing at farts is the moment you are old.

Your as old as you feel.

Living in Gauting, München at the moment. Great experience. I hope to stay here for longer then 3 months.

What countries would you leave the UK for?

I have always liked the idea of spending an extended period of time in Germany.

It is great here. You should do it. Let me go into a bit more detail, as you probabaly already know, things run properly here, when people say they are going to do something at a certain time, it gets done. The transport is on point, the place is very very clean. It is very developed, much more developed then the UK, the buildings, infrastructure, roads etc. Many jobs.

Negatives, German grammar is very complex, even native German speakers sometimes struggle, so learning the lingo is compliziert. Also to get things done in Germany, you have to go through many hurdles, and fill out loads of forms, and see lots of different people in many different places. For example opening a bank account, registereing your residence, registering tax, even getting a sim card. Sometimes it feels like it is too much.

Â