General Chat

Stevo985

Proper shit Shillzz, sympathies. :(

I do have a suggestion regarding the cats if there's some dispute; let them choose. In turn with each cat, have a third party place an upturned laundry basket over them (an "isolation booth" if you will) whilst you both stand equidistant from each booth; when the cat is released, whomever it walks to first wins custody. Of course, what your ex won't know about is the two small slices of tuna fish you have cunningly taped to each calf, and the pieces of Go-Cat you've wedged between your toes.

:lol:

Proper shit Shillzz, sympathies. :(

I do have a suggestion regarding the cats if there's some dispute; let them choose. In turn with each cat, have a third party place an upturned laundry basket over them (an "isolation booth" if you will) whilst you both stand equidistant from each booth; when the cat is released, whomever it walks to first wins custody. Of course, what your ex won't know about is the two small slices of tuna fish you have cunningly taped to each calf, and the pieces of Go-Cat you've wedged between your toes.

:lol:

lol... if anyone can find humour in a situation...

Hi Shillzz,

I am sorry to hear your news. I am in a very similar situation. I am 29 and the wife and I split up after 11 years of being together about a month ago. We have a dog, which I have said she can keep ans she loves it so much. And we are trying to sell the house. Although it sometimes feels really shit, I don't get down about it as I realise it is her loss.

You aint alone fella, and if you ever need a chat just give me a yell!

Shit Shillzz! That's bad news! :(

Yup - hence the offer of a free ticket to Blackburn yesterday Andy!

I'll see about it mate.. need to have a word with my parents what time the morons are heading to London!!

Hi Shillzz,

I am sorry to hear your news. I am in a very similar situation. I am 29 and the wife and I split up after 11 years of being together about a month ago. We have a dog, which I have said she can keep ans she loves it so much. And we are trying to sell the house. Although it sometimes feels really shit, I don't get down about it as I realise it is her loss.

Cheers Matey.

You didnt think about maybe letting a room out to keep the house?

Hi Shillzz,

Cheers Matey.

You didnt think about maybe letting a room out to keep the house?

Not really. Too many memories in the house (been there 6 years). I will house share once I leave, save loads of cash and refuse to be tied down to any place for the next 10 years.

Thats the plan anyway.

Understandable.

Am tempted to go the same way, the idea of not being tied down is really appealling. If this house had been our marital home for the same amount of time, I think i'd sell. But we've barely lived in it, I really love the house and get on well with the neighbours. I personally don't want to rent to one of my mates, cus they're all idiots who'll upset the neighbours, but I wouldnt rent out to a girl, because that would seem a bit insensitive.

Not the worst dilemma anyone has ever faced, but who knows.

Also Shillz & irreverent, you can get a wedge knocked off your council tax now that you're the sole occupant. Can't remember if it's 25 or 50%. Either way, get on it! Even if it's one month it'll pay for a few cans of warm cider for you to drink on your own on a park bench in the rain.

Understandable.

Am tempted to go the same way, the idea of not being tied down is really appealling. If this house had been our marital home for the same amount of time, I think i'd sell. But we've barely lived in it, I really love the house and get on well with the neighbours. I personally don't want to rent to one of my mates, cus they're all idiots who'll upset the neighbours, but I wouldnt rent out to a girl, because that would seem a bit insensitive.

Well if I sell, I will be the housemate. Haha

Also Shillz & irreverent, you can get a wedge knocked off your council tax now that you're the sole occupant. Can't remember if it's 25 or 50%. Either way, get on it! Even if it's one month it'll pay for a few cans of warm cider for you to drink on your own on a park bench in the rain.

She is not leaving until we sell the house because she cannot afford rent elsewhere.

Hypothetically.....do you still get the discount if she has been hit over the head with a spade and buried under the patio. Technically she is still on the premises...... all hypothetical of course ahem...?

Understandable.

If you can bare South Wales, then you're more than welcome mate!

Edit - Good thinking Anthony! Every cloud..

Understandable.

As long as it not Bridgend! haha

Understandable.

As long as it not Bridgend! haha

Haha, well I've not hung myself yet! No... Chepstow, which is essentially an English town which has been annexed by the Welsh.

Â