General Chat

Stevo985

Well, you have my sympathy. My missus' Mum got onto Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, but never made it into the chair. I've always thought about maybe applying for a gameshow, would have to be one a damn sight easier than Mastermind though. dunce.gif

Well, you have my sympathy. My missus' Mum got onto Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, but never made it into the chair. I've always thought about maybe applying for a gameshow, would have to be one a damn sight easier than Mastermind though. dunce.gif

Fun House (with Melanie and Martina :D)

I'll probably apply again next year.

Millionaire would be better, as it's (generally) easier, and most importantly you can win real money. But it's **** hard (read: expensive) to get on. Premium rate phone calls with hard-to-answer questions before you even get near a studio.

I'm also trying to persuade my pub quiz team to have a go at Eggheads.

Yeah, she was quite lucky to get on; she absolute loves anything to do with Richard III (even refuses to read Shakespeare for his demonization), when she got the callback with the really tough trivia question, lo and behold it was on Richard III.

Eggheads is excruciating watching! A more arrogant assemblage of c*ntery I have yet to witness.

Eggheads is excruciating watching! A more arrogant assemblage of c*ntery I have yet to witness.
That's why I'd like to beat them.

A running club mate of mine did just that with his team. Won six grand.

Fun House (with Melanie and Martina )

Anyone know what happened to them / where they are now?

Sure we covered this once in another topic, but here you go:

funhouse.jpg

EDIT: Jesus, huge picture is huge.

That's why I'd like to beat them.

A running club mate of mine did just that with his team. Won six grand.

Please shake his hand for me. Seriously. :thumb:

Yeah, he's a good bloke. ManUre fan, but at least a proper one, from Manchester (Old Trafford ST holder).

The thing about the Mastermind reserve list is that they must have had a set of special subject questions ready for me, and I'd love to know what they were!

You have to name your research books, and I listed two by rock journo Barney Hoskyns. He's a FB friend of mine (not in Real Life, though) - I wonder if he wrote the questions? I'm not going to ask, just in case I can get in next year.

Someone I know well got the final of University Challenge.

He said that the hardest part was getting onto the shortlist for the show as the producers didn't want too many nerdy oxbridge colleges cluttering up the show. They pretended to be oblivious to (very basic) popular culture to get a few laughs in order to get selected.

cj.JPG

I want to watch him drown.

I would happily stick hot pokers in his eye sockets whilst pissing in his ears . The **** makes my blood boil.

Â