General Chat

Stevo985

40 quid just for food or like going out and stuff aswell?

Knew it would get blown out of proportion :D it's my fault for not explaining it thoroughly, so sorry.

Nope, it's 40 quid for just going out, buying stuff etc., I can live with it but it'll mean being very austere and eating at home as far as I can guess. (cos technically I'm still a minor, so my parents provide food for me at home, but going out of the house will be a problem.)

Edit: Includes transport costs as well, for the times when I'll be going out on my own instead of being together with the family. So it's 40 quid for entertainment and transport expenses, but not for food or bills or anything major like that.

You won't get far on £40 a month for entertainment in Singers, as i'm sure you are aware! Its one of the most expensive places I have ever been!

Screw entertainment it's barely enough for daily transport.

Today im officially closer to 30 than i am 20 now! :( Off to merry hill in a bit to spend my haul. :D

Didnt have the best start to my birthday though as ive spent the morning on the phone to natwest and changing my details on various sites due to sony shafting my rear passage last night! :angry:

Ordered a new blackberry from phones4u last Wednesday, was meant to come yesterday, didn't arrive (waited in all day for it so I'm already annoyed) arrived today at 9.30am, OK, but it doesn't charge and the screen has a crack in it. Fcking annoyed to say the least. So now I've got to send it back and go and order a new phone, waiting even longer

Anyone have expereince of connecting flights?

Next week I am going to Sweden but need to change at Frankfurt. Both flights are with Lufthansa and I won't be checking in any luggage. There's only 45 mins between the first flight landing and the second one taking off... do I have to go through security etc again in Germany?

Don't order a Blackberry this time ;)

I don't think it's the phone's fault, more phones4u's fault for poor packaging! Never had problems with Blackberry before, although I currently have a HTC Desire which I'm bored of. I've just placed a new order of the Blackberry Torch - anyone got one?

Oh I wasn't saying it was the phones fault, I'm saying it was fate letting you know you shouldn't buy a Blackberry ;).

The Torch seems to divide people - people that like Blackberrys like them because they think it's like a Blackberry but up to date, and people who don't like Blackberrys think they're quite laughable.

Next week I am going to Sweden but need to change at Frankfurt. Both flights are with Lufthansa and I won't be checking in any luggage. There's only 45 mins between the first flight landing and the second one taking off... do I have to go through security etc again in Germany?

Shouldn't have to because you don't leave the secure area of the airport. It should just be the usual passports and boarding pass thing - mind you, that was Thailand who were a touch lax to say the least. (Once they'd run the infrared camera over me to be sure I didn't have swine/bird/man flu...... Germany might be more anal about security.

Don't order a Blackberry this time ;)

I don't think it's the phone's fault, more phones4u's fault for poor packaging! Never had problems with Blackberry before, although I currently have a HTC Desire which I'm bored of. I've just placed a new order of the Blackberry Torch - anyone got one?

I've got a Desire as my personal phone and I love.

I've got a Torch as my work phone and its a hateful piece of shit.

I've been a Blackberry advocate for a good few years now but having got hold of a Torch a few months ago, I'd definitely say I'm done with them. It's not a bad phone but it really doesn't offer anything over the alternatives. I can't see me ever being an iPhone user but when I see what the HTC's et al can do now, I think I'd be hard pushed to get another Blackberry.

Like I say I've got a HTC Desire and it's ok, but I'm really bored of it. For when I need to be texting and emailing on the go it's not very good as I don't like using a touch screen, not very professional. I much prefer the qwerty on the Blackberry over the HTC touch screen. I also like bbm, can't be arsed with all of this new 'liveprofile' crap, it's basically the new pingchat, which was also shit. We'll see how it is anyway, my mates got one for his work phone and he likes it so we'll see. I'll be using the Blackberry for work and business mainly.

they will check you all the way through when you check in at your point of departure .. usually as it's the same airline the other plane will wait for you unless you are delayed by hours ..often if it's tight on time they will have someone waiting for you as you get off the first flight to take you around to the second flight

Cheers Tone, so I assume when I get off the plane in germany there is a way to get to the departure gate for the second flight without going through passport control.

It really does depend.

I have experience of connecting flights with Lufthansa and exactly as Tony describes happens with them, if you are late they will have an electric buggy waiting for you to whisk you away to the connecting flight. But the going through passport control depends on the airport layout. For example if you were connecting at Munich, you would have to pass through Passport control again, its happened to me twice there and once I was getting back on the same plane! Never done Frankfurt personally so I don't know, drat may be able to advise of that one

Cheers Tone, so I assume when I get off the plane in germany there is a way to get to the departure gate for the second flight without going through passport control.

It really does depend.

I have experience of connecting flights with Lufthansa and exactly as Tony describes happens with them, if you are late they will have an electric buggy waiting for you to whisk you away to the connecting flight. But the going through passport control depends on the airport layout. For example if you were connecting at Munich, you would have to pass through Passport control again, its happened to me twice there and once I was getting back on the same plane! Never done Frankfurt personally so I don't know, drat may be able to advise of that one

There will be a passport check in Frankfurt as you will be on a UK bound flight. The passport check will be "inside" the airport at transfer area and you won't have to go "out" then back in again if that's what you are worried about.

F'furt is massive though so don't hang around and the fact you have not baggage sometimes can work against you as it's one less thing for the airline to worry about if they offload you. The fact you are with Lufthansa though usually means a pretty good service and if for whatever reason you missed the UK bound flight they will get you on the next one and if need be put you up in a hotel overnight.

Not my favourite airport in the world as it's a bit of a maze at times

Â