General Chat

Stevo985

All good so far, can somebody now give me the basic advantages?
It's safer for online purchases. If somebody hacks your CC account you can notify your card issuer and you won't have to pay the spurious transactions. If you use your bank current account debit card online, and somebody hacks it, you can have your account cleaned out with no legal comeback.

As I understand it, anyway, please correct me if this is wrong.

If you're organised enough, you can be interest free on credit cards for a long time.

There are a lot out there with 0% interest on purchases for 12 months. There's also loads with 0% on balance transfers for 12 months.

So you can get a credit card, use it, you have 12 months of only paying off the minimum due each month (which you have to pay), then when it's approaching the 12 months, you transfer the balance to a new one with 0% on balance transfers, and repeat until you've paid it off.

In theory, you won't have to pay interest.

If you're organised enough, you can be interest free on credit cards for a long time.

There are a lot out there with 0% interest on purchases for 12 months. There's also loads with 0% on balance transfers for 12 months.

So you can get a credit card, use it, you have 12 months of only paying off the minimum due each month (which you have to pay), then when it's approaching the 12 months, you transfer the balance to a new one with 0% on balance transfers, and repeat until you've paid it off.

In theory, you won't have to pay interest.

This worked well a few years ago, but the 'credit crunch' means there are a lot less of there offers available now, and you have to have a very good credit rating to get them. It can still be done, but it's not so easy now.

Â