General Chat

Stevo985

Happy 'Your Parents Had Sex' Anniversary!

She would have been a bit loose G-man. Maybe 9 months earlier that might have been!? :lol:

Not that I'm British, but I drink because it's social. A few cans playing cards, or xbox or just sitting around watching The Simpsons. Drinking games are fun. Pints outside during sunny weather. All these things are more fun when cans are involved

when you move to another continent you start to notice that drinking in these situations beyond a beer or 2 is not widely regarded as being social at all, moreso anti-social

i'd comfortably horse through 24 cans a week back in ireland, and that's not including going out, yet over here i doubt ive drank that in 18 months and i cant say i miss it at all.

its very hard not to drink when youre surrounded by drinking though. always just considered it the norm til i moved here, but when youre on the outside looking in theres **** all normal about the amount of booze brits and paddys drink

Not the case in Korea at all. They are very big drinkers.

Every meal is accompanied by a bottle of soju which is a disgusting rice spirit full of chemicals. Gets you absolutely smashed.

I have read numerous articles on the drinking problems and the forced drinking that many employees have to endure on work nights out and team building activities.

It's not uncommon to walk down a Korean street in the morning and see business still in their suits asleep on benches or even the floor.

The only difference here though is drink doesn't fuel violence. I think I have only ever seen one semi aggressive altercation since of been here.

The Japanese are massive drinkers as well.

The number of bars per square metre in downtown Osaka is insane, never seen anything like it with whole apartment block sized buildings were each apartment is actually a bar. 30 or 40 bars to a block, one block after the next.

We saw loads of dudes in suits on the commuter trains in the morning with their bento box in one hand and a can of lager to wash it down with.

I consider myself to be a pretty big fan of beer but I don't think I've ever had one with breakfast and certainly not on the way to work :shock:

thinking of doing our companies accounts ourselves using SAGE as we have one account and our invoices in and out are minimal. VAT and accounts should be fairly simple using this software by the looks of things.

the issue is how the hell would we calculate PAYE?

we both have student loans (I the new system and my colleague the old system) and we both take childcare vouchers out. Both of us are in the basic income tax bracket and we take no extra dividends or payments in kind.

trying to find somewhere online which can do it for us. no joy as yet.

Not the case in Korea at all. They are very big drinkers.

Every meal is accompanied by a bottle of soju which is a disgusting rice spirit full of chemicals. Gets you absolutely smashed.

I had to share 2 bottles of this with 2 Koreans at a meeting in Germany (preceded and followed by a couple of beers). Horrible stuff, got totally smashed and felt awful all night and in the morning!

You should ask them if you were a missionary child, a doggy or something more imaginative.

"A bit dribbled out during a backdoor piledriver"?

A roaring match going on in the apartment below. One man screaming and banging doors and breaking stuff.. Doors banging so hard the walls in my apartment shake. A woman crying and screaming. It has happened before. Usually late at night. One time I thought there was going to be gardai outside my door the next morning asking me if i heard anything. She usually screams for him to stop, but I don't know what she's saying now. **** hell. Imagine living like this. I'm sure it's happening more and more though as people are getting tense living on a the cusp of poverty. There's probably a good deal of drink involved aswell though.

Â