General Chat

Stevo985

Most 3rd world countries just want concrete skills with tangible results. Working with abused children is low down on their list of priorities, they need an infrastructure first. That's just the way it is. If you can't build or practice medicine, there is very little requirement for you.

You could go to a slightly more developing country like Romania, and work in their orphanages. My old school did a run over there every year, the conditions are horrible and they are desperate for help. Something like that would work best. But if your thinking of sub-saharan Africa or the like, then you will really find little need for what you do.

Might go off the booze myself. I'm thinking of starting driving lessons and hopefully having a car by this time next year. Also considering moving out of my parents house and getting my own pad. I don't know whether it's because I'm bored or because I just want to go for it to ****.

Local youth projects, sport projects, learning projects, health etc

What will you do at these projects? Health?

Mum, is that you? :lol:

Be a positive role model, offer advice, help and assistance, set up things we have in the UK, use my training to advice those around me, teach about sexual safety, basic health needs. Help children learn to read.

I'm fairly pessimistic when it comes to fulfilling intentions like your own, which are definitely great. It too often happens that when people head over to places like this really hoping to help people, they end up walking around with hands in their pockets wondering what they should be doing.

Unless you're arriving into orphanages with £2000 in your outstretched hand, you'll most often find that they don't really need/want you. It's like you pay the money and then they'll try to give you the impression you're doing great work - painting and talking shite. No money and you're in the way really.

Just from my limited experience.

:nod: :nod: :nod:

Local youth projects, sport projects, learning projects, health etc

What will you do at these projects? Health?

Mum, is that you? :lol:

Be a positive role model, offer advice, help and assistance, set up things we have in the UK, use my training to advice those around me, teach about sexual safety, basic health needs. Help children learn to read.

Practical lessons!?

Stuck on a movie quiz question, so I'm hoping someone on here can help.

It's a movie from 1993-1995 and the visual clue is five women standing next to each other in various black dresses.

Any ideas? It's driving me mad. The other four movies are ridiculously easy so I think this one might be so obvious I'm missing it.

***EDIT*** Worked it out, it was Little Women. Right, better do some work.

Just realised bath taps have different fittings to basin taps.

Bought a nice set of taps and a couple of s/steel flexi's, get home start fitting them to a bath.....

and that's when I realised the clue on the box that clearly stated BASIN taps

why would they make different size taps for baths and basins?

Are adidas trainers generally wide or are they slim? never had a pair but need some for my 7 aside.

Adidas come up narrow in football boots/trainers.

Yeah, especially boots, they're really cramped. Nike are better for wider feet I think, Adidas trainers are okay though, after you've worn them a few times it's fine.

The sky has just turned black and the wind has just kicked up like crazy......are there any 'end of days' scenarios I'm unaware of today?

Got my adidas indoor trainers, very bright..

New job tomorrow, yippee, been waiting ages to start!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay new job!!!!

:thumb:

Â