General Chat

Stevo985

We went to Disney Paris two summers ago and stayed at one of their 'on park' hotels. Which meant that we had the first hour of rides to ourselves without any queue whatsoever before they opened the gates to the hoi polloi. When you can march from ride to ride you can pretty much cover off all the better rides in an hour or so.

Then, after lunch, we'd go into Paris where we had some sort of travel pass which meant we could walk up to the front of any queue (Louvre, Versaille), wave the pass in the air nonchalantly and go straight in.

It was like being King of Paris for a few days. Admittedly there have been times in history where that was a tough gig, but we survived.

• Like 2

It's great when you have theme parks to yourself (more or less)

Back in 2004 I went to Orlando with my family. Did the usual touristy thing of hitting all the theme parks.

But hey had really bad hurricanes that year. Our flight into Orlando was the first flight they'd allowed to land there for weeks.

So it meant Orlando was pretty much empty of tourists.

It was still the end of the summer holidays (end of august I think), but for the full 2 weeks we barely queued for anything. The longest queue we encountered was for a ride in Universal studios. We queued for 45 minutes, and that's because it broke down for 20 minutes while we queued.

A friend of mine at the time had gone at the start of July and had queued for 3 hours for the 4D Shrek movie at Universal Studios

yeah it's great

Pyongyang theme park was pretty much all ours when we went , as was the one at Chernobyl , alas couldn't find anyone to actually operate the rides at Chernobyl though  ...

this maybe a bit premature but w/e....So two months ago i changed condos in philippines. I initially had to pay 1 month + security deposit. The condo owner was away so she got her friend to sort it out with me having to sign contract, however he said he needs the condo owner to finalise it so took it away and i moved in the same day. I did not get a receipt or a copy. I have extended 1 month and that time i did get a receipt.  Whats stopping them just keeping my security deposit? How am i supposed to get this back. If im leaving tuesday (im actually leaving 10 days before my contract runs out) surely they can just ignore me and keep the money as ill be in another country?

Whats my play if this happens or is there not a whole lot i can do? Should i Give keys to a friend  (with room being unlocked so they can check everything is still working) and not give it back to them until i get my security deposit or? I do still have the condo for 10 more days sooo

I'd say it will be difficult to get back now... have you contacted the owner? What have they said?

Also, pardon my nosiness, I'm guessing you aren't a pinoy so what you doing over there? Working or living the dream? 

contacted but got ignored so thats why i asked

not pinoy (pieface younger brother)...guess you can say "living the dream"...i play online poker as a job...but it gets about 2x worse playing over here with timezones and distractions...would love to work here full time. it is truly amazing.  Might see if i can freelance to fund myself + poker in future. 

in terms of what im doing over here...hmmm i visisted last august and everyone was so friendly and nice. you can live like a king over here for very little money...And my friends in england all had girlfriends/full time jobs so it got a bit boring

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 1

Ahhh nice one. If I was ten years younger i'd be living out of a luxury condo in Makati or the Fort and playing the field!  :)  Have fond memories of the place, despite the fact I was only there for a short while.

• Like 1

haha it is truly jokes being young and a whiteboy here...So easy. All the guys who are older who have to pay for sex...you get it for free. I dont think ive approached one girl and ive been here for 4 months. thats how eager they are lol When was you in phils? im living at gramercy/makati.

i love asia..it is awesome (apart from being vegetarian)...and Filipinos can all speak English a decent amount. Only problem is condos are expensive here compared to thailand but w/e

Edited by gharperr

2009. I was only there a week as I was travelling through Asia. Made some contacts before I went through work and they were golden. They took me and my mate under their wings and showed us around all the best bars and clubs etc (I remember one called Encore, which was decent). A friend of one of the contacts owned a bar in Malate that we drank a lot at -good times! 

One of the women that I met over there has been promoted to quite a senior position in her company and may be seconded to London for a bit - she's already told me she expects me to be waiting in her hotel room if it happens! She's a wild one  ;)

Snorkel is a great word.

snorkel (n)

1944, "airshaft for submarines," from German Schnorchel, from German navy slang Schnorchel "nose, snout," related to schnarchen "to snore" (see snore (n.)). So called from its resemblance to a nose and its noise when in use. The anglicized spelling first recorded 1949. The meaning "curved tube used by a swimmer to breathe under water" is first recorded 1951.

etymonline

Â