General Chat

Stevo985

“We are a way for the cosmos to know itself.” 

― Carl SaganCosmos

And if all snakes were extinct, there would be unpredictable knock-on effects, e.g. a plague of rats, or some such. 

Cats will kill the rats. The bigger the cat, the more rats it can kill. Big cat numbers will soar.

Yeah, because you're forever seeing those nature documentaries where lions and tigers are stalking rats and taking down the weakest of the herd.

No, because where there are big cats, there are no rat problems. Coincidence? I think not.

I think snakes are pretty cool. Although that may be because I live in England, rather than somewhere with lots of venomous ones. Likewise with spiders.

Edited by mjmooney

Wasn't in the market to move house at all but something has come on the market round the corner that has got us thinking. Would be right at the top of what we can afford, and the place we currently have is nice. Feel a bit guilty for even looking, would be a disaster if we went for It and it didn't work out.

Getting a valuation on ours Wednesday and viewing the other Saturday... go from there...

Its a bit bigger but our current place is fairly big. Double garage (electric door :D) garden all on 1 level which our current garden is not. Has an ensuite on the second bedroom as well as the first.

Lots of good stuff which is great but not really stuff we need exactly.

anyone ever joined a vinyl club?

my mates trying to get me and a couple of others to sign up to one, £20 a month, they send you a limited edition print pf their record of the month (which they select for you) and a couple of other bits and pieces

i cant work out if the limited edition print exclusive to their members is because its a print they do themselves (not sure if they're even allowed to do that) which would mean that if it was garbage i'd not be able to do anything with it

i've found another one that does 2 x 7" a month but that seems a bit pointless

i already buy 1 album a month but they tend to be very safe choices

I've never understood those things myself. I'd prefer to make my own choice as much as possible. Without someone else deciding for me.

i think thats the appeal to the others though, i'll browse through the music threads on here and then usually check out spotify, they seem convinced they'll get a limited edition vinyl of the next big thing

• Like 1

Â