General Chat

Stevo985

Any lived/know of Walmley in Sutton Coldfield?

Nice area? Chavs? Crime? Shops? We're thinking of moving there as the schools are good

Nice area. Looking to work/move around there in the future too :)

Chavs, not too bad. Not much crime. Decent village centre with a big pub and a short bus ride into Sutton Coldfield. Which schools out of interest?

I'm in Mere Green at the moment which is a bit cheaper, but nearly as nice.

I'd put Mere Green above Walmley, certainly in price and I think it is nicer (although I would say that!). That's not saying Walmey isn't nice, it is... I lived there for 15 years. No issues with crime or chavs. 

Plenty of good schools across Sutton

Any lived/know of Walmley in Sutton Coldfield?

Nice area? Chavs? Crime? Shops? We're thinking of moving there as the schools are good

Nice area. Looking to work/move around there in the future too :)

Chavs, not too bad. Not much crime. Decent village centre with a big pub and a short bus ride into Sutton Coldfield. Which schools out of interest?

I'm in Mere Green at the moment which is a bit cheaper, but nearly as nice.

Lol I'm from mere green as well by sainsburys. Yeah pretty much all of Sutton is nice except falcon lodge. Maybe consider Lichfield also which isn't far away. Nice little city where the house prices are slightly cheaper then most parts of Sutton.

Lichfield is a little too far from where our family/friends live (Solihull, Shirley)

South Sutton Coldfield is about the limit (looking at Walmley Junior School, Deanery CoE)

Edited by villarule123

Well, I haven't managed to find any more pond life. :(

Went into Bradford city centre for lunch, and got approached by a total stranger who said: "Ah, Aston Villa - if I was picking my all-time greatest ever players XI, Paul McGrath would be in it". I commended him on his football knowledge.

However, I have now changed out of the '57 replica shirt into my Rotterdam 82 t shirt, with the Brian Moore commentary.

EDIT: BTW, the gist of the Villa/sha/Newcastle debate went along the lines:

Villa have won the FA Cup, League championship and European Cup, all in my lifetime.

Newcastle have won NO major trophies in the entire lifetime of the Geordie bloke (who is 55).

Birmingham City have won NO major trophies in the entire... history of the club.

Speaks for itself.

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

Well, it's that day again. A-level results, clearing, and I'm working a 14 hour day.

I have my entertainment sorted though. I've just been introduced to our new marketing manager - whom it transpires is a sha fan.

I'm wearing my Villa shirt.

And I'm baiting him mercilessly. :D

EDIT: just been talking to him and our deputy Vice Chancellor, who's a Newcastle fan, in a three cornered football pisstaking contest.

As you can imagine, I won hands down.

The nose was one of those that was planning to go to Wigan at the end of last season. Sad bastard.

AAAAND ANOTHER EDIT: This wearing a Villa shirt really brings them out of the woodwork. Just met another 'nose who said the most disappointing thing last season was that we didn't go down. Obsessed.

I'm enjoying this, hope I can find some more.

Deputy Vice Chancellor?

Vice vice Chancellor?

What's next, Vice-vice-vice Deputy Second-in-Command?

The Vice Chancellor is the actual boss - the Chancellor is purely an honorary appointment (ours is top cricketer, politician and knockabout comedy ladder act, Imran Khan).

There are two DVCs, one with responsibility for Planning and Resources, and one with responsibility for Academic Development.

The Geordie guy is the Academic one, and TBF a decent bloke - we used to play in the same back four in a staff football team, some years ago.

Â