General Chat

Stevo985

Its also why I'll never hear a bad word said against Jackie Stewart as he was pretty much the only relentless driving force behind the huge changes to safety over the decades since.

Yeah I've seen that one before, purley is a true human being. The sad part is that no one helped because they all assumed it was Purleys car that was on fire and seeing him out of it just drove past. Such a shame.

They knew the burning car wasn't Dave Purley's because they saw him parking and running to his friend's car. They couldn't get too close to the fire because their overalls were not fire-proof. They'd have gone up like a Christmas tree. That was the extent of the ridiculousness back then. A similar accident was Lorenzo Bandini at Monaco at the now much more safely profiled chicane after the tunnel.

Yeah I've seen that one before, purley is a true human being. The sad part is that no one helped because they all assumed it was Purleys car that was on fire and seeing him out of it just drove past. Such a shame.

They knew the burning car wasn't Dave Purley's because they saw him parking and running to his friend's car. They couldn't get too close to the fire because their overalls were not fire-proof. They'd have gone up like a Christmas tree. That was the extent of the ridiculousness back then. A similar accident was Lorenzo Bandini at Monaco at the now much more safely profiled chicane after the tunnel.

I think Ingram meant the drivers who drove past thought it was Purley's car. They probably would have been able to help.

Indeed but I'm fairly sure you would have stopped your car.

I think Ingram meant the drivers who drove past thought it was Purley's car. They probably would have been able to help.

Doh'eth! My bad. For some reason I read it as meaning the stewards. Derp. I've no idea how, after a re-read.

I have a strong and deep rooted interest in serial killers. For me it's attempting to understand why, what drives them, what motivates them. Also, it's a real life scary story and who doesn't like being scared once in a while?

:o

I'm guessing a lot goes back to the childhood..

Some, but not always. Some are sociopathic, some aren't. Some delusional, some not. Some motivated by sexual urges and others, often completely sane, see themselves as doing it for the goodness of mankind.

It's complicated! The only real solid tie between them is the compulsion to kill is almost completely irresistible. In my opinion that makes them all, every single one of them, mentally ill.

The only real solid tie between them is the compulsion to kill is almost completely irresistible. In my opinion that makes them all, every single one of them, mentally ill.

No shit sherlock.

Edited by Voinjama

Hi peeps, not been on for ages, hope everyone is ok? People who have twins or triplets need knighting!!!!!

Welcome back wiggy! I hope life (and the little'un(s?)) is treating you well!

The only real solid tie between them is the compulsion to kill is almost completely irresistible. In my opinion that makes them all, every single one of them, mentally ill.

No shit sherlock.

You say that but in the eye's of the law they're generally not considered so. I'm suggesting that the majority of serial killers are curable, we just don't understand the human brain well enough. Nowhere near in fact.

I have a strong and deep rooted interest in serial killers. For me it's attempting to understand why, what drives them, what motivates them. Also, it's a real life scary story and who doesn't like being scared once in a while?

I've had a similar interest in mass murderers.

You know, the kind of guy that goes into a school and shoots a load of people.

It disgusts me, obviously, but it's also interesting to try and understand what would make them do those things.

I just stumbled on a horrific website and now I feel really weird about it. I was watching Zombie related material on YouTube and checked out a link with a relevant sounding name. Turns out it was not what I expected and the gore was real. My curiosity got the better of me and I watched a few of the videos.

I had something similar a couple of months ago when I was researching the Pakistani Taliban and watched a clipped made by insurgents including a beheading and an execution.

I'm **** thankful I live in a peaceful, safe country.

In the new season of Dexter they talk about this sort of thing. The neurologist, or whatever she is, mentioned that something in common many psychopaths and serial killers have is a lack of empathy and that the part of the brain that allows one to feel empathy is either under-developed or practically non-existant.

Not really a spoiler in my eyes, but just in case...

That's pretty much the theme for the final season I think, since Dexter has developed relationships and feelings that are rare amongst psychopaths.

Edited by Ginko

It disgusts me, obviously, but it's also interesting to try and understand what would make them do those things.

Generally their profile is always the same.

It's complicated! The only real solid tie between them is the compulsion to kill is almost completely irresistible. In my opinion that makes them all, every single one of them, mentally ill.

Well society should be grateful to you and your in depth research and analysis, we can all sleep safe in our beds now you've figured that one out. ;)

The thing with serial killers I always wonder is just how many are out there that don't get caught, there must be plenty which in turn makes you wonder about those people who 'run away' or 'go missing'.

I know what you mean. I find Columbine interesting in that kind of way.

Â