Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

A CL just for champions just isn't an option. It would be a pathetic competition on par with the FA Cup. Football is a world game now with the big clubs having over 50 million fans. If these clubs were kept out of the CL and replaced by champions of shitty leagues, they'd just form a European League of their own. Also there is no chance of a knock only compeititon as it devalues the trophy. If anything there is more likely to be a move more towards more a league set up.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care about the FA Cup or their record at WHL particuarly. But last night was probably the worst day I've had as a Spurs fan. I thought nothing could eclipse Lasagnagate, but the ramifications of this are far greater and they way we've missed out is far worse.

That would be crap.

You'd have worse teams and worse players.

You wouldn't be able to have Real Madrid and Barcelona.

You wouldn't be able to have Ronaldo and Messi.

Bayern Munich would be replaced by the Champions of Andorra.

Chelsea would be replaced by the Champions of Wales.

AC Milan would be replaced by the Champions of the Faroe Islands.

Manchester United would be replaced by the Champions of Estonia.

etc etc

Then Bayern, Chelsea, Milan and United would have to win their leagues then wouldn't they. Rather than the retarded idea of letting teams finish 2nd/3rd/4th be Champions of Europe when they couldn't even win their own league.

That would be crap.

etc etc

Then Bayern, Chelsea, Milan and United would have to win their leagues then wouldn't they. Rather than the retarded idea of letting teams finish 2nd/3rd/4th be Champions of Europe when they couldn't even win their own league.

Champions-only would be fairer and 'purer'

But in reality it would be crap.

Who wants to watch the Champions of Andorra vs the Champions of San Marino

Bayern Munich vs Chelsea is much more appealling.

If Spurs keep their good players and get a new centre back, then they will be around 4th again. But Chelsea deserved to go into the champions league at their expense.

How many teams have won the champions league, but were not champions of their league the previous year?

Chelsea 2012

Barcelona 2009

AC Milan 2007

Liverpool 2005

Manchester United 1999

Any others?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

**** YOU SPURS YOU words removed

This.

Sick of 'em - mainly their fans who think they have the 'God given' right to be challenging for the title. Feck off.

I feel sorry for Spurs.

The rules are unfair.

They finished in the top 4 so they should get into the Champions League.

They should allow 5 teams from the same country in these situations.

What the ****? Champions League should be for champions, and a knock out at that.

That would be crap.

etc etc

And that was why the old UEFA cup was such an awesome thing to win because the "alsorans" was in that. Proper cup for the champs and a fantastic cup for all the rest of the good teams. Money **** that up good and proper!

I feel sorry for Spurs.

The rules are unfair.

They finished in the top 4 so they should get into the Champions League.

They should allow 5 teams from the same country in these situations.

What the ****? Champions League should be for champions, and a knock out at that.

That would be crap.

etc etc

And that was why the old UEFA cup was such an awesome thing to win because the "alsorans" was in that. Proper cup for the champs and a fantastic cup for all the rest of the good teams. Money **** that up good and proper!

A resounding 'this'.

TRST is such a product of the money era. It's not his fault he just isn't old enough to have seen the old format.

Why do fourth in England deserve it more than say Estonia's champions?

This format used to help the teams from smaller countries be stronger too.

The European cup has been won by teams such as Celtic, Steau Bucharest, Red Star Belgrade, Ajax etc.

These days teams from these leagues wouldn't get a look in because all the talent congregates where the money is and there is enough room for them because these leagues have 4 spaces each. If each league had only one place then I'm sure the best players would be more evenly distributed.

Yeah agreed. I'm too young to remember the European cup in it's old format, but I still know that was better.

It would make it so much harder to win, because to even be in the competition you have to win your domestic league. Sure, it might be easier to win once you're in the competition, but getting there would be so much tougher.

I'd be interested to see how many of the past, say, 15-20 CL winners, had actually won their league the year before.

ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTED SPURS ARE NOT GETTING CL!!!!

they are getting abit too big for thier boots and were very arrogant with arsenal and look what happened? arsenal had one of their worst seasons and years and they still finished beneath them. if there is ever a team in a shadow its spurs in arsenals!

oh and candleface is still a word removed!

I still think it's basically wrong that there isn't a place in the CL set aside for the winner without denying clubs who have qualified for it the 'right' way. Yes I know Spurs only came 4th, but it's supposed to be the top 4 so they can legitimately feel hard done by. No European trophy ever did it that way and the EL doesn't do it now either.

Â