Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any one know how much VAN VER VAART is on?

I cant believe Man City gave them EA, City must have spent millions paying hs wages for games he had not played!

VDV is on about £45,000. He's not one of our highest earners as Madrid paid him to leave or are still paying him, I can't remember which. But either way he was able to accept a much lower wage from us as Madrid compensated for it.

Arry has done a good job.

Bale - 50 k

VDV - 45 K

Modric 65 k

EA - 70 K

All of those roughly add up to what Tevez gets paid at City and he does not even play.

My Question to you would be this:

How will Spurs convince there top players to stay on next year when agents get involve and other teams will be able to treble their wages?

Do you think Arry will take the England job?

To be fair the wages have nothing to do with him. That's Levy and in terms of the financial side of running a football club, I'd say he's the bets in the business.

I can't see how we can keep our best players for much longer. We can make Bale and Modric stay another year due to the length of their contracts and as long as we qualify for the CL, they might not kick up too much of a fuss. But beyone that we'll have to sell them both. It's not just about wages, but sponsorship deals etc aswell. You get much bigger deals playing for Man utd, Real etc than you do playing for Spurs. It's only a matter of time before Kaboul gets linked to one of the European giants also.

As for Harry, I'm really not sure. I genuinley think he'd love to manage England, as I think he really does see it as a huge honour. But at the same time I think he's unsure about it, as he's already said he'd miss the day to day aspect of club management. Also when it comes to football he's a realisit and is aware of the limitations a coach can have. I can't see him looking at a WC held in South America and thinking there is much he can do to make England win it. Even Spain will struggle in Brazil and England have no chance. So my inkling is he wont take it for that reason.

Bale - 50 k

VDV - 45 K

Modric 65 k

EA - 70 K

my understanding is that Spurs offer BIG performance related pay incentives on top of the reported figures

It'll be just industry standard incentives. Our wages jumped as much as Liverpools decreased. Agents and chairman know the score and any club in or around the top 7 or 8 over the last few years will have most of their players on contracts with big pay upgrades if they qualify for the CL adn decreases if they don't.

He'll bang on about how hard it is to get loyalty from players these days and how they're all off chasing the money

bit hypercritical seeing as he's done it all his career

For sure, he's very hypocritical. Good manager though, and I reckon he'd do a better job for England than the recent incumbents have managed.

Any one know how much VAN VER VAART is on?

I cant believe Man City gave them EA, City must have spent millions paying hs wages for games he had not played!

VDV is on about £45,000. He's not one of our highest earners as Madrid paid him to leave or are still paying him, I can't remember which. But either way he was able to accept a much lower wage from us as Madrid compensated for it.

Arry has done a good job.

Bale - 50 k

VDV - 45 K

Modric 65 k

EA - 70 K

All of those roughly add up to what Tevez gets paid at City and he does not even play.

My Question to you would be this:

How will Spurs convince there top players to stay on next year when agents get involve and other teams will be able to treble their wages?

Do you think Arry will take the England job?

To be fair the wages have nothing to do with him. That's Levy and in terms of the financial side of running a football club, I'd say he's the bets in the business.

I can't see how we can keep our best players for much longer. We can make Bale and Modric stay another year due to the length of their contracts and as long as we qualify for the CL, they might not kick up too much of a fuss. But beyone that we'll have to sell them both. It's not just about wages, but sponsorship deals etc aswell. You get much bigger deals playing for Man utd, Real etc than you do playing for Spurs. It's only a matter of time before Kaboul gets linked to one of the European giants also.

As for Harry, I'm really not sure. I genuinley think he'd love to manage England, as I think he really does see it as a huge honour. But at the same time I think he's unsure about it, as he's already said he'd miss the day to day aspect of club management. Also when it comes to football he's a realisit and is aware of the limitations a coach can have. I can't see him looking at a WC held in South America and thinking there is much he can do to make England win it. Even Spain will struggle in Brazil and England have no chance. So my inkling is he wont take it for that reason.

nice post.

Wages are getting rediculous. I think the PL is getting boaring (sour grapes...!) It says something when Chelsea can even compeat in the PL. let alone Villa.

There is no way Harry will turn down England.

There's no way England can employ a recently convicted tax fraud. Trial begins today...

A manager with a criminal record would seem ideal for managing the England side these days.

One tax evading manager out and another in.

they've basically made him look like michael cane after a sever stroke.

reading the bbc sportsday live. the prosectution don't have to do much to convince me.

if you give your offshore account a name, don't put the year of your birth and then name of your dog as the name. oh dear.

if that's true he should get sent down for being "bladdy stoopid"

Incentivised scams..........erm I mean schemes involving bonus payments being paid to managers of football teams to wheel & deal

over players should be banned IMHO.

Silly me...... I thought FOOTBALL managers were brought in to manage a group of players to win games!

Â