Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

Yeah. Well even if you put Bouma of 07-08, to Bale now. Bouma is arguably a better left back. Simply because Bale's good work is done far up the pitch.

No chance.

Another good one was when Villa were linked with Forlan a few years back and people said he wasn't good enough for Villa - now he's probably going to be voted one of the top 3 players in the world when the awards are announced....

]

No chance? why do you think Spurs play him left back, when their weakest position in the team is probably left back while they have plenty of quality who can play out wide for them on the left.

It's because he ain't a great left back. You need to be able to defend first, attack second.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay but I've never seen anything that says he's a 'very good left back' apart from the fact he used to play there and is now a great winger...so people just make the assumption in my opinion.

His incredible form started at left back, he was rampant.

to be fair at the time he was

how many blackburn would have compared santa cruz to drogba 2 years back? these comparisons come and go every year, bale is in sensational form at the moment, who's to say he wont do a knee ligament on saturday and be rubbish for the next 5 years? or even manage to raise his profile high enough that the sun decide to try and destroy him for shits and giggles like they do everyone else

I can't wait to listen to the Spudz fans moaning in the summer when Man Shitty or somebody or other takes him off their hands.

They're going to find out what it's like to have your better players **** you off for the money.

Okay but I've never seen anything that says he's a 'very good left back' apart from the fact he used to play there and is now a great winger...so people just make the assumption in my opinion.
His incredible form started at left back, he was rampant.
When exactly?

Indeed. It never did.

It was pretty obvious that Bale had a lot of natural talent when he was scoring all those free kicks for Southampton. He was about six stone dripping wet then, so they played him at left back where he would be out of the melee that is midfield. He just kinda stayed there for the early period of his Spurs career because he had played there for Southampton.

It's clear Bale is not a defender. Spurs kept losing when he was in the team because he would leave huge gaps when he ran forwards and these are easily exploited in the Premier League. I guess part of the reason he left such big gaps was down to inexperience, but another part is just his natural urge to get forwards. He is a hell of a talent, his first touch and delivery are top drawer and he delivers a mean dead ball too. He also seems to have developed into a superb athlete over the last 12 months or so, he has pace to burn and he seems to be very strong too.

Redknapp is now playing to his strengths. Those strengths are charging forwards and taking people on. I dont see him as a box to box full back like Ashley Cole is, but if you put a player behind him and let him concentrate on doing what he does best, you have one hell of a winger. He reminds me a bit of how Andrei Kanchelskis was in his pomp.

Bale has played many excellent games at LB and was on top form there last season. But people who didn't watch Spurs play seem to have got it into their heads that he wasn't good there. He had a poor game there against Man Utd, in a big televised match and this seemed to confirm to all non Spurs fans, who don't reguarly watch our games that he can't defend. But that's like saying Evra is a poor LB as Lennon has torn him apart twice. Or that Warnock is a poor LB because of Adam Johnson's performance against him. Once a player has a reputation people (so called pundits and experts) look out for things to confirm this. Hence Bale played very well for the majority of his games at LB, but if he had a bad game it was seized upon. And fans of other teams read this and listen to the nonsense pundits on MOTD and accpet it. I don't see these pundits saying he can't play left wing everytime he has a bad game there and occassionally he does.

Say what you like about Redknapp

Hes a candleface twitchy word removed to is currupt to bits and ruins clubs plus his son if a nonce too

....and no matter what his managerial record is i wouldnt want him as the villa manager :D

Bale is a crap left back, its no coincidence Spurs lost those 24 games ina row with him playing.

Quality left winger though.

And Redknapp is a dodgy word removed, does anyone else think there was something dodgy about the VDV deal? There's no way he went for 8m, he was being valued at 16-20m about 3 days before deadline day.

I can't wait to listen to the Spudz fans moaning in the summer when Man Shitty or somebody or other takes him off their hands.

They're going to find out what it's like to have your better players **** you off for the money.

Berbatov? Carrick? Keane?

Its not only us you know. The difference for Tottenham now is they may be in a position to keep these people and offer them the challenge and the money to stay.

Say what you like about Redknapp, he's a quality manager and I would have loved to have had him in charge at VP.

Honestly, and I mean honestly, there is not one manager in the whole of football that I would rather have at VP LESS than Harry Redknapp.

I don't care if he's a decent manager (and decent is all he is) he is literally the most vile, unlikeable word removed in football today. Were he our manager I'd find it sickly having to support our team. If he's ever England manager then I doubt I'd ever watch an England game again.

I'd rather have Adolf Hitler managing our team. I'd rather we renamed ourselves Birmingham City Reserves than have Redknapp as our manager.

And Redknapp is a dodgy word removed, does anyone else think there was something dodgy about the VDV deal? There's no way he went for 8m, he was being valued at 16-20m about 3 days before deadline day.

Yeah, and there were no takers at that price. Madrid wanted him off of their books before the window closed so they did what any business does when they need a quick sale.

Â