Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gomes is going to be back on Saturday.

Good one of the most inconsistant goalkeepers i have ever seen, 9 times out of 10 the guy is a clown but he does have an exceptional game every now and again

As others have hinted at. I think your opinion of Gomes is about a year out of date. He was fantastic last season.

I how their champions league hangover is as bad a the one I had the day I was flying home from Berlin in October 2007.
I hope their CL hangover is as bad as the one they had when they faced Wigan. I'm also in full agreement with Trent :)

I think Totti might've been referring to the hangover. Totti, it's still an extra European exertion and it's still mentally demanding and a 'different' type of football. A hangover can come from any element of a CL game, physical or mental.

Be better if they were away from home.. but we get a rest and they get a mentally and physically exhausting game.

Tonight I will be cheering on alot of running and hard tackles, without actually caring who wins.

This is their first CL proper home game isn't it?

They've apparently not sold out and put the tickets on general sale. I know it's hardly the most tantalising fixture and it's Wednesday night and money's tight but come on, first CL game at home? Surely they'd sell out.

That is a surprise.

The fans shout and scream about getting Champions League football, and then when they get it they don't want to go?

and it's Wednesday night

That's not an argument for Champions League, games are always midweek.

Regardless of the CL fixtures always being midweek... midweek fixtures are always a pain, no matter what.

You'd still think though that an arguably rather historic and important game, that all aside, wouldn't need to go to general sale.

Agree with Trent - Redknapp isn't someone I regard in high esteem, but he's a bloody good football manager. Deserves a shot at the England job if it's possible at some point.

Hopefully Spurs will pick up an injury or two tonight. Seems they're pretty deflated at the back at the minute, anyway. Though, is King likely to be fit for the weekend?

Regardless of the CL fixtures always being midweek... midweek fixtures are always a pain, no matter what.

You'd still think though that an arguably rather historic and important game, that all aside, wouldn't need to go to general sale.

It doesn't matter how historic the game is if people just can't afford it though. The tickets that were going on general sale were mostly individual seats that were costing between £60-70 because it's deemed a Category A fixture. That's a hell of a lot of money to pay for one ticket, regardless of the importance of the match.

I won't be going to the match, although mainly for travel reasons. I went down to the Young Boys home match a few weeks ago, having to leave at 4:30pm (I live in Brierley Hill, not too far from most of you, I'd imagine) on the train (which cost £45) and I didn't get home until nearly 3am on Thursday morning. As much as I do love football, it's just too much time and money to do that too often.

Especially for a game that's being shown on TV.

And while most Spurs fans won't be having to travel as far as me, it's still a huge expense during a time where luxury spending has had to be cut by most people. I'm sure three or four years ago, the match would've sold out quickly, but now a lot of people are having to save up their money for specific games, with most people eyeing up the Inter home leg, I'm sure.

Â