Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

I would be really disappointed if I were a spurs fan after that transfer window, VDV or not.

They have wasted a golden opportunity to sell their club as a Champions League team to attract a higher standard of player but they haven’t added anyone better than their current first 11. They won't get another chance like that for a few more years IMO.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^What?^^

A year ago we were walking round with rods protruding from our crotches at the prospect of signing VDV with some claiming he would transform us over night and be the marquee signing required to kick on and become a top four club.

Now that he's joined Spurs he's become, meh??

Great signing for Spurs, particularly if it's at the reported £8M, that I find unbelievable and if true something only ol' Harry could pull off you fancy.

Great signing for Spurs, particularly if it's at the reported £8M, that I find unbelievable and if true something only ol' Harry could pull off you fancy.

You calling him a wheeler and dealer?

I'm calling him Harry Redknapp......I believe he may soon forge his very own genre of dodgy dealings to be referred to in the dictionary as 'doing a hazza'.....

He didnt really outshine Kaka at all. He has been on Holland and Madrids bench for last 2 years and is a great example of Football Manager overhyping a player. He has good technique and long range shot but he lacks speed and too lightweight for England

^^What?^^

A year ago we were walking round with rods protruding from our crotches at the prospect of signing VDV with some claiming he would transform us over night and be the marquee signing required to kick on and become a top four club.

No that's not my point.

This window Spurs have only brought in 4 players.

One is a youth prospect from Brazil

One is cover for the CB position

One is cover for the goalkeeping spot

and one is a potentially exciting signing in VDV

That is a pretty poor window for a team hoping to kick on to the next level and establish themselves as a champions league team...

^^What?^^

not sure the credit should go to ol' Harry. Sounds like it was all Levys dealings, Harry commented that VDV was off for 18m the previous day, all of a sudden he got a call from Levy saying he was now available for 8m. Not sure many managers would have turned it down.

He didnt really outshine Kaka at all. He has been on Holland and Madrids bench for last 2 years and is a great example of Football Manager overhyping a player. He has good technique and long range shot but he lacks speed and too lightweight for England

I agree with this, he's also very inconsistent. This guy is no Wesley Sneijder and when it gets tough he goes hiding.

He's a good player at what he does, on his day he can be brilliant but he doesn't show it enough. For the price though it is totally worth it in their position, even if he doesn't seem to fit into their system. The guy has to play behind the striker as he can't work in a four man midfield.

I find unbelievable and if true something only ol' Harry could pull off you fancy.

saw the interview on SSN and it was the chairman's doing and not Harry .. Harry was merely asked if he wanted VDV if Spuds could get him .. I sorta got the impression from the interview that Harry was Ok with it but not over whelmed by the deal

Sky sports now saying that the deal was done to late and Spuds have asked for special dispensation. All bias aside i wouldnt allow it unless there are special circumstances. To set a precedent for things like this could open the floodgates. Could be argued that they started that the other year with Arshavin though

Sky sports now saying that the deal was done to late and Spuds have asked for special dispensation. All bias aside i wouldnt allow it unless there are special circumstances. To set a precedent for things like this could open the floodgates. Could be argued that they started that the other year with Arshavin though

According to an article in one of todays papers the precedent was set on the Ashley Cole/ Gallas transfer.

Â