Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

Funny watching Spurs and Man City fans. Two teams with no real history enjoying their brief moments in the sun.

Combined league titles for Spurs/City: 4

Combined runner ups in the league for Spurs/City: 7

Combined European Cup winners or runner ups for Spurs/City: 0

Combined total for Spurs/City in the biggest 2 competitions: 11

league titles for Villa: 7

Runner ups in the league for Villa: 10

European Cup winners or runner ups for Villa: 1

Combined total for Villa in the biggest 2 competitions: 18

Bless them :crylaugh:

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny watching Spurs and Man City fans. Two teams with no real history enjoying their brief moments in the sun.

Fa cups and league cups? Or does that not suit your dodgy stats?

So what is the date of Arry Redknobs tax evasion trial, where if he's found guilty I fully expect him to be sent to chokey for a decent period. Is is still sometime in September? Is that when the wheels fall off the bus?

.... September? Is that when the wheels fall off the bus?

Nah, that'll happen during the open-top parade next May when Spurs show off the quadruple CL, League, FA and League Cup trophies ... them cups is heavy buggers and the double-decker's tyres just won't be able to handle it.

Yeah, because given the chance of winning every league title from 1900-1970 or winning the league title for the next 5 years, every single fan in the world would choose the first one :winkold:

The "history" argument is beneath Villa fans, leave it to the dippers.

So what is the date of Arry Redknobs tax evasion trial, where if he's found guilty I fully expect him to be sent to chokey for a decent period. Is is still sometime in September? Is that when the wheels fall off the bus?

He appears next in court on my birthday (Sept 14th), I believe, but the trial is unlikely to be until next year.

I guess they're looking at the potential revenue streams for Southwark CC. :P

70 points has been enough to finish in the top four on every season of the Premier League's existence. I don't see that changing next season.

Oh by the way, this is total bollocks.

In the following years 70 points wouldn't have got top 4.

92/93

93/94

94/95

01/02

07/08

08/09

So I guess you just made that little stat up to support your case. :lol:

What. I'm absolutely sure I read last season that 68 points was always enough for fourth place.

I take that back then, my bad.

In fairness there were 42 games played in the first three seasons.

I don't think so.

IIRC O'Neill didn't mention McGeady in the context of 'signing him' and the possibilities of it. He just mentioned that he's a good player who he thinks would be good in the Prem.

Obviously someone asked MON a question and he answered.

I cant stand the media wank fest over Redknapp - he's constantly on SSN calling the reporters by their first name, dropping other team's players names in conversation. He's dodgy as f**k and every transfer he completes has controversy surrounding it. I cant stand hearing everyone say "Redknapp should be England's manager..." and how muhc he's a "down to earth" guy.

Yeah, because given the chance of winning every league title from 1900-1970 or winning the league title for the next 5 years, every single fan in the world would choose the first one :winkold:

The "history" argument is beneath Villa fans, leave it to the dippers.

Not a bad question really. Seeing as winning every league title from 1900-1970 would make your team comfortably the most successful side ever in this country (and most if not all other countries) I would imagine there would be more people going for that option than you think.

Why not just the once?

The argument really is would you rather be good now, or good in the past. I'd take being good now, in the years that I'm going to watch them and able to savour it all, than having being good in a time period that I may only read about in books.

Oh, and this isn't a City argument, more of a general argument about whether you'd prefer a fantastic history and be crap now or a crap history and be fantastic in the present.

Oh, and this isn't a City argument, more of a general argument

Well, obviously, given that you've acheived **** all in present or past.

It depends what 'history' you have. With the way Europen competition is now, I'd rather have a European Cup in the bag than the hope of winning one now, because it's not likely to happen.

Why not just the once?

The argument really is would you rather be good now, or good in the past. I'd take being good now, in the years that I'm going to watch them and able to savour it all, than having being good in a time period that I may only read about in books.

Oh, and this isn't a City argument, more of a general argument about whether you'd prefer a fantastic history and be crap now or a crap history and be fantastic in the present.

Yeah but right now, you finished 3 points and one place above us and have nowhere near the history of our club

Oh and not just the once is because it would make you look like a Blackburn fan who thought they were going to conquer the world

Â