Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

I had a bet on here with someone that Spurs would finish above Villa this season. Would that someone care to step forward (I can't recall who it was right now)?

Not like you to gloat Glaston. Not sure who your bet was with but I'm sure you will go and locate the post concerned.

You are right you are going to finish above us, who knows you might even achieve your first top 4 finish in 20 years!!!

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Spurs.

Where they went and beat Arsenal and Chelsea at Home when it mattered, we played like a League 2 team against Sunderland and Wolves. It's our own fault.

Well done Spurs.

Honestly thought they'd struggle to even finish 6th when they had a dodgy spelling around Febraury by drawing with us and then losing to Wolves but their form in the league since then has been amazing, don't think they've drawn a game in the league while we've drawn plenty and that's been the difference really.

I had a bet on here with someone that Spurs would finish above Villa this season. Would that someone care to step forward (I can't recall who it was right now)?

Is it any wonder why people get annoyed when posts like this come out?

Eh? What is wrong with my post?

Someone on here banged on about wanting to bet, despite my saying I had no especial wish to do so, and so I eventually agreed.

Now the bet has fallen due and I'm asking the person concerned to step forward since I don't recall who it was .... why do you have a problem with that?

Now the bet has fallen due and I'm asking the person concerned to step forward since I don't recall who it was .... why do you have a problem with that?

Because he knows that had the boot been on the other foot you wouldn't have shown your face again until next season.

Because he knows that had the boot been on the other foot you wouldn't have shown your face again until next season.

Demonstrable rubbish:

1) Last season I lost a bet with a VT-er and paid up - hence the tag against my user-name showing me to be someone who donated money to VT.

2) I continued posting during the summer break

Is it any wonder why people get annoyed when posts like this come out?

Eh? What is wrong with my post?

Someone on here banged on about wanting to bet, despite my saying I had no especial wish to do so, and so I eventually agreed.

Quite obviously winding people up and baiting people which is what has happened. Find the poster and resolve it through PM if you're that bothered.

What is a reasonable stake then Glaston?

If you want to bet that Villa will finish higher than Spurs, then I'm up for a cash bet, provided it's not a silly sum of money. What amount did you have in mind?

How about £50?

If Villa finish higher then you make a donation to Acorns (our club charity) and if Spurs finish higher I will donate to Spurs official charity. Proof of donation to be posted on this thread. Deal?

OK, the bet was with Jod1.

The Spurs official charity is the Tottenham Hotspur Foundation: http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/charities

What is a reasonable stake then Glaston?

If you want to bet that Villa will finish higher than Spurs, then I'm up for a cash bet, provided it's not a silly sum of money. What amount did you have in mind?

How about £50?

If Villa finish higher then you make a donation to Acorns (our club charity) and if Spurs finish higher I will donate to Spurs official charity. Proof of donation to be posted on this thread. Deal?

OK, the bet was with Jod1.

The Spurs official charity is the Tottenham Hotspur Foundation: http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/charities

Is there any proof of you actually accepting this bet though? You can't just recall a bet you didn't confirm.

BTW, I think the proceeds going towards charity is admirable.

Is there any proof of you actually accepting this bet though? You can't just recall a bet you didn't confirm.

BTW, I think the proceeds going towards charity is admirable.

Yes, the post after the one I quoted confirms acceptance of the bet - I just neglected to include it in the quoted posts.

Aren't you going to offer him double or quits Glaston on you getting 4th? :D

Oh, this could get expensive.

FWIW I think Spurs will open City up, they didn't impress me at all yesterday.

As usual we were the architects of our own downfall. From a winning position, we gifted them the game with a crazy 5 minutes.

Â