Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

I think most teams could win games after being gifted 2 penalties by inept refereeing,

I'm sorry but I just can't take your posts seriously after a comment like this.

Both were as nailed on penalties as you'll see.

when I saw it live it looked as though Palacios was harshly done by but I'll retract that statement they were both penalties

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh and Darren Bent has 23 league goals, Rooney has 26, considering Bent plays in a worse side and gets less chances I still stand by my statement that he is better

haha. So despite all the pundits saying Rooney is one of the best strikers in the world. Capello and England players saying his special. Players like tevez who has played with ronaldo and messi saying Rooney is better, but no, what does every single person working in the game and playing mean. Of course Bent is better.

I loved the commentator's comment - "As soon as he felt contact...". CONTACT? As soon as he felt the **** jockeyback more like.

Going briefly back to Bale. I said give him 2 years. He's clearly not there yet. He has STARTED to show what he can do. He'll get there though, don't worry. Provided his knees don't give in. He's had some bad injuries already in his career which would be a concern.

I think Bale is being judged on one game at LB, when he wasn't even as bad as is being made out. Why judge him on this game and not the other games he's played at LB this season? Lennon tortured Evra twice last season and that doesn't suddenly make him a bad LB. No one is going to have a good game every week, but Bale has done this more conssitently than most players in the Prem at both LB and LM.

I think Bale is being judged on one game at LB, when he wasn't even as bad as is being made out. Why judge him on this game and not the other games he's played at LB this season? Lennon tortured Evra twice last season and that doesn't suddenly make him a bad LB. No one is going to have a good game every week, but Bale has done this more conssitently than most players in the Prem at both LB and LM.

I wouldn't have Bale in my local Division 7 side. Which is a bit of a moot point I suppose since there isn't enough hair gel in all of Sweden to last him even one half of football, and we all know he won't work under such circumstances...

Why cant you just say 'Yes Bale was shit at Leftback vs united' why all this mumbo jumbo you sound like glaston blindfully defending anything Spurs.

Lennon tortured Evra in a 0-0 and 5-2 loss i may add,The usual Lennon then all the trickery but nout all to show from it.

being beaten for skill, pace, tricky is normal at some point for any left back. However being caught numerous times out of position is well alot worse.

being beaten for skill, pace, tricky is normal at some point for any left back. However being caught numerous times out of position is well alot worse.

Yes his positional sense at left back is poor but he can make up with it with pace. He is more effective playing on the wing where he can be covered better.

Perhaps the reading and positioning will come with experience but I remember saying the exact same thing about Richards at City and I am still waiting for him to mature.

he's 20 years old! he's still learning the game!

Bale is young and very effective going forward from left midfield. The true test of his ability will be next season when defenders and their managers study him and learn how to play to his weakness, if he has any. A Young has experienced a similar thing this season, defenders have learned how to play him.

I wouldn't have Bale in my local Division 7 side. Which is a bit of a moot point I suppose since there isn't enough hair gel in all of Sweden to last him even one half of football, and we all know he won't work under such circumstances...

Wow.

Bale is young and very effective going forward from left midfield. The true test of his ability will be next season when defenders and their managers study him and learn how to play to his weakness, if he has any. A Young has experienced a similar thing this season, defenders have learned how to play him.

Lennon also had the same problem.

There are a couple of things that work in Bale's favour though. His height and strength are a massive asset. People talk about his pace but he's 6ft and pure muscle, and a tall, fast, strong player is very difficult to play against.

Also, Bale's a left back. Which means he attacks from deep, so opposition full back is already going to be busy keeping track of Modric/Kranjcar as well as having to watch Bale. The right midfielder will have to assume a lot of defensive duties to keep that left side of Spurs quiet.

On a side note, I am stupidly excited about the prospect of seeing Bale and Lennon in the same team.

Complete paper talk. Could've predicted that story a year ago.

Man Utd don't need Modric though. For all his qualities, Modric just doesn't score enough goals, which is what they're going to need from the midfielder that replaces Scholes. Which is why you may find that Milner is more of an option for them. That, plus the fact that Levy just might punch Ferguson in the face if he tries to unsettle another star player.

Modric linked with United today. Any thoughts?

Fergie is an admirer and has been since before he joined Spurs. Now that he is settled in the Prem I think the only barrier to the move would be the fact that United have no money. Which is quite a big barrier.

Â