MON stay or go

paddy

MON, stay or go?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. MON, stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go
    • Undecided

from one week to the next I could change my mind.

Would like him to stay with a more honest and open approach to what he is doing and what his thoughts are.

at present i feel a lack of cohesion exists in his team selection and subsequent team changes.

The accusation that MON is dishonest is quite strong and not a little extraordinary.

Care to back it up with some examples of what you count as his dishonesty?

Would like him to stay with a more honest and open approach to what he is doing and what his thoughts are.

at present i feel a lack of cohesion exists in his team selection and subsequent team changes.

The accusation that MON is dishonest is quite strong and not a little extraordinary.

You have chosen to focus on one word and, as such, taken this out of context I think. I feel the same about MON - that he says a lot without really saying anything and never really gives us an insight into what he is looking to do with the Villa team, hence a lot of posters on here quoting brief snippets of MON and debating what he means e.g. recent posts on Downing, whether Milner will play centrally, no real comments on NRC - a particular frustration of mine - etc..

You have chosen to focus on one word and, as such, taken this out of context I think.

Not really. TRO has the view (that he most certainly welcome to) that MON has a 'hidden agenda' and that he doesn't have the club's best interests at heart.

The only thing that's extraordinary there is your reading things into a post that aren't there.

You have chosen to focus on one word and, as such, taken this out of context I think. I feel the same about MON - that he says a lot without really saying anything and never really gives us an insight into what he is looking to do with the Villa team, hence a lot of posters on here quoting brief snippets of MON and debating what he means e.g. recent posts on Downing, whether Milner will play centrally, no real comments on NRC - a particular frustration of mine - etc..

Who cares? Does wenger and fergie tell their fans everything they are thinking of?

I real earlier that results like yesterday mean we won't finish in the top 4. Using that logic does that mean that chelsea, man u, arsenal and liverpool won't win the league and spurs, man city and everton won't be in the top 4 either?

It's ridiculous TBH that the few who don't rate MON that much demand so much when even the big clubs and the ones competing with us aren't consistent.

The only thing that's extraordinary there is your reading things into a post that aren't there.

Because that's never happened before on VT with more of the negative posters drawing negative and wrong conclusions from articles or quotes by O'Neill.

I real earlier that results like yesterday mean we won't finish in the top 4. Using that logic does that mean that chelsea, man u, arsenal and liverpool won't win the league and spurs, man city and everton won't be in the top 4 either?

Just have a look at the league table. Although I'm not sure why Chelsea winning 5-0 means they have less chance of winning the league.

Genuine question for you guys who think we are a one-dimensional unattractive and whatever else side.

Did you watch Man U v Liverpool today ?

Could you detail the big differences between our recent performances, (even a poorer one against Wolves), and the performance of either of these teams today ? Coz I must be stupid but I've watched that game twice now with many slow-mo's and watched ours and was there, and -apart from Rooney and Torres and the ability they bring - I can see nothing particularly different in how either of them play than us other than a few shots on target.

The same people moaned during the summer about transfers, then when we lose they moan about results and if we don't lose they moan about the performance. Unless we are top of the league playing like brazil and arsenal the same people will say the same things because they don't rate the manager.

What, like last season and the one before?

Yeah but anyone can do that with the backing MON has had, i mean it's not like spurs or man city have spent any money over the last few years.

you have got the whole thing wrong.

There are many fans not happy with the culture of our play..... please trust me on this.

The overriding factor is that we all want to win and subsequently when we do the so called " whingers" have a day of respite.

The problem with the "rose tints" is when you make your point when we lose we are just jumping on the band wagon.... so its kinda our arguement wins on both counts.Heads you lose tails you lose.

whether you are right or wrong "Mr Whinger" you are wrong when we win and wrong when we lose.

The truth of the matter is this :

Irrespective of the LEAGUE POSITION ( unless its in May) or the RESULT of the game you have just watched..... the merits of the play will never lie.

and the sad fact is we struggle with ball skills.... and whether you term it as one dimensional or not, there are certain conditions relating to certain team styles we struggle with.

the top teams let us play, and we apply our team spirit, lesser teams do the same to us and we struggle.

Martin O'Neill is in a very precarious job, that is extremely well paid.He will say what ever is correct to continue that employment. He will praise when it is debatable and refrain from criticism when it is apt.He will basically do what he likes and make a very good reason to all and sundry for doing so.

He is the Manager( he is employed), He is not one of us ( we ain't)

support him all you like and I guess that will make his stay more comfortable, but at the end of the day win, lose or Draw... He will be extrememly well paid and he will say to you what ever is convenient to stay that way.

I listen to him and find some of his comments comforting and some cringeworthy....sorry but i simply don't buy it all.

*quote* Irrespective of the LEAGUE POSITION ( unless its in May) or the RESULT of the game you have just watched..... the merits of the play will never lie.

... u mean like the attractive football the baggies played last season?

*edit* oops forgot the quote

yes

quite happy to do so and quite happy to expose your negative approach to accusing me of calling him dishonest.

He was reported as saying he was pleased with the battling performance against wolves... As noble as it is ..wow.

Not a lie, but hardly the open, honest approach from a man, who we rely on to lead our team to honours.If he watched the game of course.H e certainly played his cards close to his chest.

now even you Briny are long enough watching football to say battling is the least you expect from squad that cost c 100 million to put together.

I find your challenge to my wording downright smug.

Oh and bye the way a lacking in honesty can mean "openess" not dishonesty, but here you are playing the semantics game that you normally play when the posters comments don't fit in with you.

you are simply narrow minded.

Ps I never voted because i think it is folly to get rid.

I'm not even sure what their requirements are. Two points away from 3rd position with a game in hand after quarter of the season, seems decent to me.

Tactics and substitutions. This will be the same as last season. There's little point beating Chelski if we can't beat relegation fodder tat like Wolves is there?

It's not just some of our fans seeing these things, i had so many texts during the game yesterday off fans of other teams along the lines of 'christ you're sh*t', 'you're awful to watch', 'if young and gabby go to the world cup it's a joke' etc etc. I would argue with them but i think they're right.

It's not just some of our fans seeing these things, i had so many texts during the game yesterday off fans of other teams along the lines of 'christ you're sh*t', 'you're awful to watch', 'if young and gabby go to the world cup it's a joke' etc etc. I would argue with them but i think they're right.

Well, at least you didn't have to watch the match.

Eh? I was there, we were crap.

Perhaps all the best play happened while you were reading your texts.

He was reported as saying he was pleased with the battling performance against wolves... As noble as it is ..wow.

He said a lot of other things about the performance also,didn't he, many of them quite (and quite rightly) negative? If we're'talking about openness and honesty, I think it would be fair to acknowledge the full range of opinions he expressed, for example,
Martin O'Neill felt his Villa side struggled to get an early foothold in the derby clash with Wolves - but the boss was buoyed by an improved second-half display.

MON was disappointed that his claret and blue troops were unable to impose themselves on their Midlands rivals in the early stages.

While conceding the scrappy first-half exchanges were typical of a local derby, the manager believes his side got stronger as the game went on.

"We didn't play well in the first half. We couldn't get it down and play it," he said.

"Maybe it's because it was a derby game. But there wasn't a great deal of football played in the first half.

"This was always going to be a tough game for us. It was a derby match for a start which makes it hard in itself.

"We were playing against a side who are playing with plenty of spirit and enthusiasm. But I was disappointed we didn't get to grips with the game early on.

"I thought we improved significantly in the second, got stronger defensively, looked as if we were able to cope and limited them to very little."

MON had no complaints about the penalty awarded to Wolves, which allowed Sylvan Ebanks-Blake to level the scores.

"I've seen back it back and at second glance it was a penalty," he added.

"I didn't think it was until then and I'm not sure the referee did either. He took about the same time to make his mind up as I did, but he arrived at the right decision and he has given it."

That all looks refreshingly open and honest to me. In fact, I would say it is one of MON's better qualities that he tells it as he sees it.

Yeah i must have missed all our chances and all that fast, attacking, exciting play that the media seem to think we play. I must miss that every game.

I'm not even sure what their requirements are. Two points away from 3rd position with a game in hand after quarter of the season, seems decent to me.

Tactics and substitutions. This will be the same as last season. There's little point beating Chelski if we can't beat relegation fodder tat like Wolves is there?

Agreed. Another poor performance away from home with a 4-4-2 involving JC starting - who is just not on his game at the minute - following the same story against Blackburn. MON talks of rotation but he is paying it lip service only.

We were crying out for the 4-5-1 that has given us such a good run of results away from home. If not from the start then after 45 mins JC for NRC/Delph/Gardner was the right move for me (would have much prefered it the other way round with JC as an impact sub for the last 20 mins if still deadlocked).

Instead of this, MON shocked us all with his tactical genius and the substitution of JC for Emile.

The other guys on the bench must be getting really fed up and be wondering how bad things have to be going for them to get a chance during a game.

Yeah i must have missed all our chances and all that fast, attacking, exciting play that the media seem to think we play. I must miss that every game.

Oh well, at least it's not getting you down.