MON stay or go

paddy

MON, stay or go?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. MON, stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go
    • Undecided

You neglect to mention Everton, who have been a regular top 6 side, despite not spending as much as we have.

Which further proves the point that it doesn't just take spending loads of money.

Surely the main reason that 6th should be a given, is that O'Neill is a brilliant manager (according to you). if he's that good, why should we accept anything left. Newcastle haven't achieved anything because they're owned by an idiot, who has appointed a succession of divs to manage the team.

We should expect good things because he is a good manager but i don't get this attitude of it's the least we should expect because of the money he has had. There are other good teams who have spent money and as a club we have no right to demand that we should be there over them.

This thread is pretty pointless because until the fans that matter change their opinion of the manager he won't be going anywhere.

This thread is pretty pointless because until the fans that matter change their opinion of the manager he won't be going anywhere.

Well in that case there's no point debating anything Villa related is there? Nothing that anybody says on here is going to directly influence anything, it's just a discussion board. As such, this thread is no more pointless than any other.

To get rid of a manager who stabalised an awful team, who rebuilt the team, led them to 2 consecutive 6th place finishes and replace him with another manager (who will surely lead us to the promised land) is a delusion of Newcastle-fan proportions.

To get rid of a manager who stabalised an awful team, who rebuilt the team, led them to 2 consecutive 6th place finishes and replace him with another manager (who will surely lead us to the promised land) is a delusion of Newcastle-fan proportions.

Ah, the inevitable Newcastle comparison. We haven't had "fickle" for a while now, that must be due soon. Or "at least we're not Leeds".

Ah, the inevitable Newcastle comparison. We haven't had "fickle" for a while now, that must be due soon. Or "at least we're not Leeds".

I'd never use the 'fickle' argument but there are parallels to be drawn with Newcastle fans wanting Sir Bobby Robson out (and there were a minority who did, just like on this thread) and Villa fans wanting O'Neill out.

He's made some errors but overall is doing a great job. I honestly think you have to be delusional to want him out

The football we play is truly dire. Play for free kicks and corners and create 2 chances a game from open play, boring! While we're scraping results and scoring from set pieces the masses will be happy, but when our little bit of luck runs out and we stop scoring from the set pieces thats when the trouble starts. However theres noone else out there that we could realistically get so stay for now, a bit of passing wouldn't go amiss though.

The football we play is truly dire. Play for free kicks and corners and create 2 chances a game from open play, boring! While we're scraping results and scoring from set pieces the masses will be happy, but when our little bit of luck runs out and we stop scoring from the set pieces thats when the trouble starts. However theres noone else out there that we could realistically get so stay for now, a bit of passing wouldn't go amiss though.

By 'the masses', do you mean the people that are pleased when Aston Villa win?

I mean the ones who only see the victory but can't see the problems, it was the same last season we were winning but playing crap and you just knew as soon as our luck stopped we would stop winning and that came as a shock to those people. Once we stop scoring from set pieces we're buggered, we had probably two shots yesterday and our midfield just don't create or the football we play doesn't allow them to.

I thought the goal we scored yesterday was superb.

I thought the goal we scored yesterday was superb.

So did i.

People moan if the results are bad but then if they're good people moan about the way we play.

We aren't good enough to play brilliant football and win all the time.

Football is all about results and until they are truly bad i can't see how anyone wants the manager out. Thankfully it's a small group on the internet and not the people who spend their money to go and support the team.

I mean the ones who only see the victory but can't see the problems, it was the same last season we were winning but playing crap and you just knew as soon as our luck stopped we would stop winning and that came as a shock to those people. Once we stop scoring from set pieces we're buggered, we had probably two shots yesterday and our midfield just don't create or the football we play doesn't allow them to.

So if these people only see victory and not the problems, then you only see the problems and not the victory?

Can't argue about our position but surely everyone would agree that our lack of creativity and the amount of clear cut chances we create is a worry? We rarely looked like scoring yesterday and it's been the same in most games this season and as i said once our set piece goals dry up and once Gabby stops scoring again and goes on one of his droughts we'll struggle.

I think you are a little wrong to say "it's only a few on the internet who want O'Neil out"

I go to the match and meet up with mates - around 15 of us in total. Age ranges from 9 to 61.

Out of those 15, all the adults have been going home and away, some since the 1960's , the majority since the 1980's and a few in the last 5 or 6 yrs.

Out of all those, I am the only one who comes on here.

Out of all the mates I go with - there isn't a single one who is too enamoured with MON.

Most are like me. Content with where we are, but wouldn't be all that fussed if he left us tomorrow.

There are far far far worse managers out there, but there are also a lot of better managers out there than Martin O'Neill.

Any manager worth his job can get a team to top 8 - you only have to look who has done it the last few seasons - Allerdyce, Hodgson, Redknapp, Jol, Moyes etc...etc.....etc......

It takes someone better to go that extra step - is MON one of em - I'll let you make your oqn mind up