America

maqroll

What best describes your feelings about the US of A?  

155 members have voted

1. 1. What best describes your feelings about the US of A?

• Love America
    • Like America
    • Couldn't Care Less About America
    • Hate America
    • Like America, Hate Americans
    • Hate America, Like Americans
    • Bored With America
    • World is Better Off with America
    • World is Better Off Without America
    • Why Do They Use the Letter "Z" Inappropriately?

Awful country.

Geographically speaking, it's beautiful and fascinating. Politically, and socially, it borders on abhorrent. It's certainly very intolerant.

Not for me.

Visit - yes.

Live - no way.

Only place I've ever visited where someone said 'I like your accent'. For a Brummie it was an emotional moment.

i got asked if i was russian, an aussie or if brum was near liverpool in vegas, had to get the gf to translate my accent for me (both from kiddy i work in wolverhampton she works in worcester, we might as well speak a different language)

and then at an italian restaurant at the golden nugget the waiter made us talk to him for about 20 minutes because he loved it, he looked after us giving us some extra stuff, watching someones face light up as you say worcestershire sauce is a bit weird

The kind of country I'd like to sit and poke with a stick, fascinating and abhorrent in equal measures. Most Americans I have conversed with seem alright, I'd love to visit but I'm unsure if I'd stay.

It's like when I manage in a foreign country on FM, I get the urge to be in the FA Cup, playing shit like Basingtstoke and small heath.

The bible belt for me ruins what might be a fine country.

GENERALLY SPEAKING, I've found Americans from the West Coast, parts of the North, and the East Coast from Washington up are normal, sensible likeable people, like people from the colonehs. Americans from elsewhere, GENERALLY SPEAKING, are stupid, ignorant and arrogant, although occasionally still somehow likeable :)

A wise man once said, speaking about all large countries "The further away from the coast you go, the stupider they get." It's true of any large country imo, and unfortunately America has a lot of people living a loooooong way from the coast.

I've only been once, briefly, but the thought of being grilled at (post 9-11) Immigration by a suspicious, arrogant fool who has never owned a passport puts me off going there again (and I'm pale-faced and English-speaking!).

It's like when I manage in a foreign country on FM, I get the urge to be in the FA Cup, playing shit like Basingtstoke and small heath.

You have made a powerful enemy this day.

tumblr_lsooixpANG1r05ly0.gif

Some aspects of America are better than U.K. and some aren't. Having lived in both I'd rather live there any day .

As someone who is looking to emigrate there in 2 years time, can you tell me what is better and worse between the 2 countries.

Some aspects of America are better than U.K. and some aren't. Having lived in both I'd rather live there any day .

As someone who is looking to emigrate there in 2 years time, can you tell me what is better and worse between the 2 countries.

Better In USA...

Food

Women

Hospitality

Weather (depending on State)

Cost of living

Dental/Health services

T.V.

Worse In USA

Education

Public transport (depending on state)

Religiosity

Crime/Policing

Music

All my opinions of course.

Better In USA...

Food

Women

Hospitality

Weather (depending on State)

Cost of living

Dental/Health services

T.V.

Worse In USA

Education

Public transport (depending on state)

Religiosity

Crime/Policing

Music

All my opinions of course.

Apart from the music one, I have had many people say the exactly the same things to me. One final question, when you say women, are you talking about how good looking they are, their attitude or both.

Apart from the music one, I have had many people say the exactly the same things to me. One final question, when you say women, are you talking about how good looking they are, their attitude or both.

I am happily married to a beautiful Floridian who frequents this site so I am unable to comment ! :winkold:

:lol: I would love to enter the USA, I have a masters degree so I am well educated and I have no serious crime on my records, but it is very difficult to get into, most people in the end just go to Canada which has more relaxed entry criteria. Anyway I am only 25 so I guess I have time. I want to be there before I am thirty though.

:lol: I would love to enter the USA, I have a masters degree so I am well educated and I have no serious crime on my records, but it is very difficult to get into, most people in the end just go to Canada which has more relaxed entry criteria. Anyway I am only 25 so I guess I have time. I want to be there before I am thirty though.

I hate Canada. Went there full of optimism and came back disappointed.

Love America. California or Texas would be my ideal places to live!

I like America , only done a few of the main cities ,hence the reason for the fly drive later this year

Americans in America have always tended to be friendly and decent ..One at a Wedding we went to did ask MrsH29 if they had trees in Hungary but we just smiled and treated him as you would any child with learning difficulties

it's the ones that travel that give America a bad name , loud shirts , 8 cameras around their neck , socks with sandals and a baseball cap on their head ..they usually have a conversation across a restaurant with their fellow American even though there may be 47 tables between them .. I saw a coach load of them get off by Vienna opera house once and then someone said "Gee they have a Starbucks " and the whole coach load of them piled over to it , totally ignoring the opera house and the Sacher Hotel which is kinda world famous for it's cake (and teas and coffee)

For all that I'd rate them slightly above the Aussies when travelling .. the Aussies are just to damn uncouth and shouldn't be allowed a passport

Spent many years growing up in America and absolutely love it. I think if you disregard politics/religion, which I found very easy to do (you do not have people throwing it all in your face like you might think, unless your actively seeking it out). May move back in September depending on potential jobs and very much look forward to it. The main thing that I would miss would probably be the football tbh.