America

maqroll

What best describes your feelings about the US of A?  

155 members have voted

1. 1. What best describes your feelings about the US of A?

• Love America
    • Like America
    • Couldn't Care Less About America
    • Hate America
    • Like America, Hate Americans
    • Hate America, Like Americans
    • Bored With America
    • World is Better Off with America
    • World is Better Off Without America
    • Why Do They Use the Letter "Z" Inappropriately?

can I get the Stern show over here in any way?

Legitimately, there's Sirius Internet Radio for $12.95/month, though for rights reasons (basically Stern gave the rights to broadcasts via cellular networks to another company) the iPhone/iPod Touch app doesn't include Stern.

I understand that there are various sites that offer torrents of the show within an hour or so of when it finishes (so about 6pm in the UK), but I can't vouch for those, as I subscribe legitimately.

To be fair, usvilla might be from Manchester where it actually rains for 365 days of the year (366 days in leap years.)

actually Tewkesbury Gloucesterhire

you remember the floods ?

so pretty spot on Rev

And as for Levi - whats so great about Boston weather ?

To be fair, usvilla might be from Manchester where it actually rains for 365 days of the year (366 days in leap years.)

actually Tewkesbury Gloucesterhire

you remember the floods ?

so pretty spot on Rev

And as for Levi - whats so great about Boston weather ?

At least New England weather is moderated by the ocean a little bit. So it doesn't get as crazy cold or as crazy hot as it can get in the interior of the country (though I guess that the Great Lakes might change things in Michigan).

New York doesnt really count anyway. Its an international city, not an American one. Head into the provinces mate, try your luck where every second Joe isnt from overseas!

Ooh, dont say that in Brooklyn

I remember when hitching from NY to SF that we had got to somewhere in western Pennsylvania on I-80, and looked at the map to see how far we had come. Was a long way, taken a couple of days, couple of folds of the map. How much further to go? That map just kept on going, fold after fold after fold ..... truly an enormous place. I remember being in Omaha Nebraska on the same trip and it dawning on me how far from the sea I was -this might not be a big deal to an American to be over a thousand miles from the nearest sea, but bloody hell when you think that here you are really pushed to be more than 100 miles from the seaside ...

I **** love it here! (On average though , they are genuinely far less intelligent than us lot. Not sure of the precise figure but a huge chunk of their population dont even believe in evolution which is frankly an embarrassment)

Though my common excuse for mispronouncing something is this:

How I said it is how its pronounced in Nuneaton, and I dont appreciate my accent being questioned. :mrgreen: