Stairway To Heaven, or Freebird?

rjw63

Freebird or Stairway?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Freebird or Stairway?

• Freebird
    • Stairway To Heaven

A nice poll for all you classic rock lovers - which song do you rate as best?

I love Zep, but Freebird is the ultimate rock track, one that I'd imagine most guitar players would love to master

I could play "Stairway To Heaven" on the guitar when I was 14. Jimmy Page didn't write it until he was 28. I think that says a lot

but decided to check them both out on youtube to refresh me

Freebird wins it as Stairway to heaven is currently 5 mins through it's 10:37 outing and Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz nothing is really happening

P.S

did I ever tell you that Stuart Adamson toured and played with Plant and Page at their request :-)

I could play "Stairway To Heaven" on the guitar when I was 14. Jimmy Page didn't write it until he was 28. I think that says a lot

but decided to check them both out on youtube to refresh me

Freebird wins it as Stairway to heaven is currently 5 mins through it's 10:37 outing and Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz nothing is really happening

P.S

did I ever tell you that Stuart Adamson toured and played with Plant and Page at their request :-)

You stole that line from Bad News Tour, you rocket polisher :D

Also Porl Thompson of The Cure played with Page and Plant at their request...sorry mate but I'd put him down as a better guitarist than Adamson, much as I loved old Stuart.

Perhaps the thread should be expanded to classic rock songs over 8 minutes length.

Then stuff like 'Stargazer', 'Won't get Fooled Again' and oodles of Rush tracks could be included.

On the original subject though I just can't choose.

Â