Stairway To Heaven, or Freebird?

rjw63

Freebird or Stairway?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Freebird or Stairway?

• Freebird
    • Stairway To Heaven

Stairway, no contest. Coincidentally, I found a bustle in my hedgerow last night. Against Zep's advice, I was alarmed. I'm alright now though.

Freebird doesn't do it for me at all. Redneck rock. Don't mind a bit of Tuesday's Gone mind.

Stairway isnt even the best track on Led Zeppelin IV.

Going to California?

Stairway, no contest. Coincidentally, I found a bustle in my hedgerow last night. Against Zep's advice, I was alarmed. I'm alright now though.

Freebird doesn't do it for me at all. Redneck rock. Don't mind a bit of Tuesday's Gone mind.

Going to California?

"When The Levee Breaks" for me

Going to California?

"When The Levee Breaks" for me

A belter. If only Dubya had paid attention to the lyrics when Katrina came calling

Both are shit, overplayed songs.

This.

Particularly the 'lovely' outro to Freebird that just goes on and on and on...

Overplayed? Without a doubt. Shit? No.

This.

Stairway is the second or third worst song on its album (I can't decide whether it's worse than "The Battle of Evermore"), an album that's one of the most overrated albums in history ("When the Levee Breaks", "Four Sticks", and "Misty Mountain Hop" are all awesome, but the rest is mediocre or worse).

I can't imagine picking Stairway as a winner of anything. And I can't imagine picking anything Skynyrd over anything Zeppelin.

This.

Stairway is the second or third worst song on its album (I can't decide whether it's worse than "The Battle of Evermore"), an album that's one of the most overrated albums in history ("When the Levee Breaks", "Four Sticks", and "Misty Mountain Hop" are all awesome, but the rest is mediocre or worse).

I can't imagine picking Stairway as a winner of anything. And I can't imagine picking anything Skynyrd over anything Zeppelin.

Yeah, but you like Rush. :lol:

Freebird for me too Love it. Stairway to Heaven is not even my favourite Led Zep track - that honour goes to Thank You from Led Zep II. Neil Young has some classic long early tracks and what about an honourable mention to Al Stewart's "Love Chronicles" which, of course, features Jimmy Page on guitar.

Freebird for me too Love it. Stairway to Heaven is not even my favourite Led Zep track - that honour goes to Thank You from Led Zep II. Neil Young has some classic long early tracks and what about an honourable mention to Al Stewart's "Love Chronicles" which, of course, features Jimmy Page on guitar.
I think I may have proposed to you before, Hev, but you just made me want to do it again.

:thumb:

I think I may have proposed to you before, Hev, but you just made me want to do it again.

:thumb:

Ha ha Mike, Yes I remember - trouble is, you're a married man! You have a great taste in music though :lol:

I used to want to kill the rocket polisher that put the long version of Freebird on in the VIth form at lunch time (all those years ago), his name was Adrian Saunders and if he's reading this (for he is claret & blue), you are still a walking crime against music

So the worst Zep song in the first five albums still has to be better than Freebird (which isn't LS best song either)

Freebird easy. Allen Collins was unbelievable, Steve Gaines was pretty darn good and Gary Rossington was brilliant also. Collins wrote Freebird though. Stairway to Heaven is every students favourite guitar solo because they know no better. I could put forward numerous guitar solo's better than Stairway to Heaven but I would struggle for Freebird.

My personal favourite solo's are Brothers in Arm's live, Freebird and Oye Como Va.

Â