Stairway To Heaven, or Freebird?

rjw63

Freebird or Stairway?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Freebird or Stairway?

• Freebird
    • Stairway To Heaven

Freebird for me too Love it. Stairway to Heaven is not even my favourite Led Zep track - that honour goes to Thank You from Led Zep II. Neil Young has some classic long early tracks and what about an honourable mention to Al Stewart's "Love Chronicles" which, of course, features Jimmy Page on guitar.
I think I may have proposed to you before, Hev, but you just made me want to do it again.

:thumb:

Ha ha Mike, Yes I remember - trouble is, you're a married man!

Details, details. :lol:

A "Love Chronicles" factoid - first ever use of the word "****" on a pop record.

Freebird for me too Love it. Stairway to Heaven is not even my favourite Led Zep track - that honour goes to Thank You from Led Zep II. Neil Young has some classic long early tracks and what about an honourable mention to Al Stewart's "Love Chronicles" which, of course, features Jimmy Page on guitar.
I think I may have proposed to you before, Hev, but you just made me want to do it again.

Ha ha Mike, Yes I remember - trouble is, you're a married man!

Details, details. :lol:

A "Love Chronicles" factoid - first ever use of the word "****" on a pop record.

You're forgetting We're All Going On A **** Summer Holiday.

Interesting fact Mike, I had often wondered about that myself -and of course in Love Chronicles, it is used in the sexual sense - not the swear word sense.

Interesting fact Mike, I had often wondered about that myself -and of course in Love Chronicles, it is used in the sexual sense - not the swear word sense.
Apparently they had problems at the record pressing plant when some of the women who worked there objected to it and refused to press it!

Darn, got in there before me :cry:

Stairway. Easily. Freebird is such a boring song with for me not the greatest of solo. Stairway on the other hand has it all of typical ZEP song. The slow start, the build up etc.

Freebird is such a boring song with for me not the greatest of solo

???

You Swedes are **** weird :-)

Can't understand why. :shock: Maybe i'm a bit biased about all this since Led Zeppelin for me is what Queen is for Pelle. :)

Â