Peace Cup: Atlante a 2009/07/29 Match thread

limpid

what the hell have emile heskey and john carew done? i think this proves beyond a doubt they cant play together complete and utter shite then again they are getting no supply from midfield.

Agreed, Carew has put himself about a bit whilst Heskey hasn't contributed much... I'd give young Weiman a go alongside JC.

At least, we've drawn level - hopefully we can sort ourselves out and grab another early in the second. (Can't see it but you never know!)

We have been considerably better since NRC took over from Petrov in the middle

I think you have the introduction of Albrighton to thank for that

NRC just looks better in the Petrov role tbh. When he is pushed to far up the field he is clueless. Petrov is better anyway and we need a new CM, but it's nice to have a player capable to step in.

Davies right now is our 2nd choice CB, because we only have 2. Cuellar looks to be playing very well. Davies always makes those 1 or 2 moronic bad passes or loses the ball in a bad spot. He really needs to get his sh*t together. No more excuses. I'm not even talking about the own goal...just in general he seems very shaky. I hope MON realizes that Cuellar is a quality CB and should start.

Carew looks slightly more bothered this match than the last, so that's good. Petrov looked off the pace before he was hurt...what's the injury report?

Albrighton looks like he will be good cover at RW and can maybe get some minutes. ReoCoker looks better this match as well. It aint over yet!!

what the hell have emile heskey and john carew done? i think this proves beyond a doubt they cant play together complete and utter shite then again they are getting no supply from midfield.

Agreed, Carew has put himself about a bit whilst Heskey hasn't contributed much... I'd give young Weiman a go alongside JC.

At least, we've drawn level - hopefully we can sort ourselves out and grab another early in the second. (Can't see it but you never know!)

On my stream they keep saying Emily Heskey.

Picture aint too clear, maybe it's his sister?

positives- alrbrighton looks bright and great reactions and finish for the goal. cuellar has had a decent game and at least seems to be able to pass it out of defence and look comfortable on the ball. nrc has been good, winning the ball and then passing it forwards accurately (makes a change!).

unfortunatly cuellars and nrcs respective partners have let them down. curtis looks all over the shop and sidwell is just crap, totally annonymous. the rest of the team arent much better. shorey looks poor, as does ash and the front 2 have no service though they are wasting it when they do get it.

very disapointing and very worrying so far. we can hardly keep possesion and this is 2 games in a row we have been totally outpassed and played by poorer sides. if you cant keep the ball there is only so far you can go. MON needs to sort it out now!

I normally take rave reviews about youngsters with a pinch of salt, but that finish from Albrighton was very, very good. Easy to miss and he took it well whilst at speed. Very impressed with that.

Just seen the goal and I agree. Very well taken indeed. Albrighton makes it look easy, but that was the kind of ball that 9 out of 10 would have banged high above the bar.

Davies looks like he is really lacking in confidence. Carew's been okay, but he really needs someone to play off and Heskey's not providing it.