Peace Cup: Atlante a 2009/07/29 Match thread

limpid

Gotta say, I only saw the last 55 minutes, but in general I liked what I saw.

Cuellar looking composed, Guzan being commanding and pulling off some delightful saves, and the kids are shaping up to be potensial nature forces, especially Albrighton. Last but not least, we are again able to pull off goals when we really need them. Good times.

Great job by Villa, after the first half hour they really turned the game around and put in a quality performance. It's good to see fellow Tamworthian Albrigton putting in a top notch performance.

Porto of Besiktas in semis! Maybe Real Madrid in final!

Well done lads!! That was a very decent 2nd half performance

With all the doom & gloom on VT about No signings et al! It goes completely unnoticed that we have one of THE BEST ACADEMIES in the Country!!.. FACT....

Our reserves & Youth have been conquering all before them in the main for a few years now...& winning trophies

so really none of us should be surprised how good they are. We had a taste last year in Moscow

Thoughts on a Sidwell - NRC midfield? It lacks abit of technical ability but it looked decent tonight. And technically the two of them do compliment each other, NRC holds whilst Sidwell trys his poor Lampard impersonation. There is alot of energy in that midfield at least, I don't think the problem with the 4-4-2 last year was Petrov and Barry, I think it was just Petrov...