The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

Alabama 3 gigs in Cardiff and Bristol 12th and 13th July, Friday and Saturday nights

really looking forward to that

I've been nominated driver for the last couple of A3 gigs and my 'reward' is a free ticket / free beer night this time around

Love/Hate, tonight at the Slade Rooms.

Will be off early for grub and cider first, and coinciding with the rest of the week off work :cheers:

The Slade Rooms. Is that the place that once upon a time (eg when Slade played there) was called the Lafayette Club?

No idea, I#ll have to investigate

Edit - apparently it was previously The Little Civic

Edited by rjw63

Another two gigs lined up today.

Tickets brought for Wooden Wand at Hebden Bridge Trades Club, next week. Seeing him with a full band for the first time, so looking forward to that. Also arranged to go see Ultramagnetic MCs in Leeds in July.   

Tickets brought for Wooden Wand at Hebden Bridge Trades Club, next week. Seeing him with a full band for the first time, so looking forward to that. Also arranged to go see Ultramagnetic MCs in Leeds in July.   

I've played Hebden Bridge Trades Club. In fact I have a rapidly degrading VHS tape of the gig that I need to get digitised, sharpish. 

In other news, Johnny Winter at Holmfirth tonight - rather splendid, despite crappy acoustics. 

I've played Hebden Bridge Trades Club. In fact I have a rapidly degrading VHS tape of the gig that I need to get digitised, sharpish. 

In other news, Johnny Winter at Holmfirth tonight - rather splendid, despite crappy acoustics. 

My first trip there, it's a really cool little place. Will be keeping an eye out for more gigs there.

On another note, I got Half Man Half Biscuit tickets, for their gig at the Stockton Arc today. Boss! 

Edited by dAVe80

• 2 weeks later...

Caught Adrian Edmonson & the Bad Shepherds last week in Melbourne. Good show. Staggeringly good fiddle player.

as much as I was suspicious that this would just be a celeb milking his celebrity to massage his own ego and all that......it does look like a decent gig

I'll keep an eye out for UK dates - strikes me as a christmas party gig

Caught Adrian Edmonson & the Bad Shepherds last week in Melbourne. Good show. Staggeringly good fiddle player.

as much as I was suspicious that this would just be a celeb milking his celebrity to massage his own ego and all that......it does look like a decent gig

I'll keep an eye out for UK dates - strikes me as a christmas party gig

Yeh, would be a good party gig. For best results, mix with alcohol. Although it's all folk versions of punk/new wave tracks, this grows a little tiresome... the songs generally aren't strong enough in their folk incarnations and end up playing second fiddle (no pun intended) to the brilliance of the fiddle and pipes. But great fun.

Alabama 3 gigs in Cardiff and Bristol 12th and 13th July, Friday and Saturday nights

really looking forward to that

I've been nominated driver for the last couple of A3 gigs and my 'reward' is a free ticket / free beer night this time around

turning into a busy weekend

got up early this morning to get on the web and get a few tickets for a family trip to the Proms in the Royal Albert Hall on Sunday 14th July

took an hour and a bit of queuing and bagged the tickets 5 minutes before it was a total sell out

Â