The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

Slash ast the NIA last night was pretty decent although a couple of his solos were a bit long winded.

Next up - Alice Cooper in Nottingham

• 2 weeks later...

my mate has just phoned me and called me a sneaky word removed

me and his missus organized months ago for 6 of us to go to Newcastle to see spiritualized at the sage for his birthday and she has just gave him the tickets, he is Buzzing about it as its less than 2 weeks away but he doesn't realize that his Dad has got seats directly behind us (his Dad lives in Scotland so he only gets to see him once or twice a year)

it was a win win situation for me cuz the truth is that it was just a very convenient coincidence that the gig fell around his birthday cuz we would have ended up going any way and it is a good excuse for a 2 day piss up with the geordie's.

Just got my tickets for Spector at Manchester Ritz. Only a tenner. Should be a jolly old singalong!

Its a decent venue now, apart from the bizzare bar rules that you have to pay first then they get your beer. Saw Ian Hunter there on Thursday, which was good in parts. I just wish he'd rock it up more of the time.

So I saw Jim Jones Revue on Friday and the band were as ever, excellent. This was my first time at the o2 Academy since it moved from The Hummingbird (ask your dad) it was in the the academy 2, and it has to be said thats probably the worst venue I have ever been to in over 25 years of gigging. narrow, poor sound, toilets located to the right of the stage, a tiny bar staffed by 3 people to serve 600 people. Dreadful. I think it would have to be a pretty exceptional gig to get me back there, we usually see bands in manchester and it was only due to other plans that stopped us seeing JJR in the north on this tour.

Next up for me is The Delta Bombers, a **** blinding rockabilly act from Las Vegas. We are seeing them in Bristol.

So I saw Jim Jones Revue on Friday and the band were as ever, excellent. This was my first time at the o2 Academy since it moved from The Hummingbird (ask your dad) it was in the the academy 2, and it has to be said thats probably the worst venue I have ever been to in over 25 years of gigging. narrow, poor sound, toilets located to the right of the stage, a tiny bar staffed by 3 people to serve 600 people. Dreadful. I think it would have to be a pretty exceptional gig to get me back there, we usually see bands in manchester and it was only due to other plans that stopped us seeing JJR in the north on this tour.

Next up for me is The Delta Bombers, a **** blinding rockabilly act from Las Vegas. We are seeing them in Bristol.

I think I remember you saying a few pages back that you were going to see JJR and I said that I would really have like to see them live as well.

I'm glad it isn't just me that despises the new academy, I went to see the drive by truckers there a while back and you could tell that the band were being hampered by the awful sound in there, really is one of the worst sounding venues I have been to, you are right as well about the toilets and the bar, I would recommend anyone to avoid the place unless there is no where else to see your fave band

did anyone else go to bloc party in brum on monday?

brilliant, not a great set list (played IMO the worst songs from four) but still brilliant, crowd were well up for it too

We saw them at Ibiza Rocks last month. Superb performance. I've never been a big fan but they blew the place up. They helped out by Zane Lowe who was a phenomenal warm up for them. Alt-J were first up. Good band but wrong crowd.

Good tip off on the Ritz. Will probably have a few at Gorilla opposite first. Going straight from work so can get an early start!

Dragonforce on sunday. My sons first gig. Hopefully a fun one

Was good! A night to remember for him, and the band gave him lots of stuff after. Top blokes!

VD2yk.jpg

I think I remember you saying a few pages back that you were going to see JJR and I said that I would really have like to see them live as well.

I'm glad it isn't just me that despises the new academy, I went to see the drive by truckers there a while back and you could tell that the band were being hampered by the awful sound in there, really is one of the worst sounding venues I have been to, you are right as well about the toilets and the bar, I would recommend anyone to avoid the place unless there is no where else to see your fave band

I wanted to see drive by truckers, it wasnt to be unfortunately.

bloody hell another truckers fan??? I have never met anyone else that has even heard of them let alone want's to see them live. I'm a massive fan of them been listening to them since they released the dirty south and now I've got the whole discography

bloody hell another truckers fan??? I have never met anyone else that has even heard of them let alone want's to see them live. I'm a massive fan of them been listening to them since they released the dirty south and now I've got the whole discography

Well for my sins I like country music, and as such most of its offshoots including a nice bit of southern rock, drive by truckers are fine exponents of the latter. Great band.

Â