The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

Went to see the stone roses in belfast and the were amazing. Met Mani, Reni and John squire before the gig and then met them again at the after show party which happened to be in our hotel bar.

It was so very cool

• 2 weeks later...

Saw a gig at Red Rocks (Denver) the other week .. Gotye happened to be the act playing I went mainly for the venue , but TBF he is one talented musician

can I just say as venues go it's top notch , open air , beautiful countryside surroundings , you can just see the skyline of Denver out on the horizon , the sound bounces of the rocks (in a good way) and i even saw a wild raccoon on the walk back to the car afterwards ... beer was over priced of course but as with all things American , the beer comes to you via a little man so you don't have to burn any calories walking down and getting it yourself

as with all things American , the beer comes to you via a little man so you don't have to burn any calories walking down and getting it yourself

:lol:

No wonder they are all fat Knuts.

Saw a gig at Red Rocks (Denver) the other week .. Gotye happened to be the act playing I went mainly for the venue , but TBF he is one talented musician

can I just say as venues go it's top notch , open air , beautiful countryside surroundings , you can just see the skyline of Denver out on the horizon , the sound bounces of the rocks (in a good way) and i even saw a wild raccoon on the walk back to the car afterwards ... beer was over priced of course but as with all things American , the beer comes to you via a little man so you don't have to burn any calories walking down and getting it yourself

On the subject of top notch venues I'd also like to put a vote in for the Port Talbot Princess Municipal Theatre.

It's classic 1980's brick and colourful metal exterior only hints at the splendour within of a double height atrium with suspended ceiling tiles on a 600mm grid. Outside, on a fine night, you can see the pollution plume from the steel works drift over towards england.

The starry starry night only obscured by the raised section of the M4 overhead.

Beer is brought to you in a plastic pint pot, but only if you stand at the bar for most of the gig waving the exact money at the teenage braindead spot magnet barkeep.

Alabama 3, December. Counting down the days.

sorting out tickets to see spiritualized at the sage in newcastle

went a few years ago and saw them do the whole of the ''ladies and gentlemen'' album and it was easily the best gig I've ever been to

there is gunna be about 5 or 6 of us going to it, cant **** wait man

oh yeah I have got the bootleg beatles in december as well at the NIA

Managed to find someone to go with, and just sorted out some tickets. :D Looking forward to this one!

Next up is Jim Jones Revue, will be the third time of seeing them in the last 12 months, no live act better.

I can imagine them being pretty good live, they are one of them bands who wear influences on their sleeve but do it well rather than sounding like an amalgamation of a load of cover bands

there is the one track on their album which sounds just like tom waits

decent band I wouldn't mind seeing them live

Went to see Billy Bragg last night at Park n Dare, Treorci.

A good evening celebrating the songs of Woody Guthrie, all the beautiful vaguely lefty people from miles around were there. A bit different to his usual gig, all seater, lots of chit chat and teas and coffees available.

Bit of an odd one coming up this weekend, I'm taking the nipper to see the filming of an episode of 'Miranda'. Which means they have to revise a new date of birth as its a 16 and over thing apparently.

Coming up soon, Dr Feelgood, Dexys and Nine Below Zero. Looks like its tour season.

film coming out in October: Celebration Day, the movie of the 2007 Led Zeppelin show at the O2 arena in London. As a 49 year old, this is good news. Yeah, I'm an old fart who still listens to The Who, Queen, Black Sabbath, Genesis, Jethro Tull, Bowie, the Stones etc. We had the best music. Just sayin' ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Just been to see Richard Hawley in Newcastle. The stuff he played off the new album, sounds very good live. Also he must have more guitars than anyone else on earth! Seriously, a different guitar every song!

Next up is Spiritualized at The Sage, then Dirty Three at the same venue. Quite fancy Mission of Burma in Leeds, in December too.

• 2 weeks later...

8057486101_7b653ba9c5_z.jpg

Friday was Primal Scream and it was fairly awesome.

Truly loud in the tiny studio 3 at Maida Vale.

Best fun you could have with your clothes on and surprisingly right up there on the old 'best gigs' list. I hadn't held out too many hopes as young Bobbie's voice can be a little, er, intermittent. But the voice held up and the gig was just dandy.

8057423674_0646eb5aa2_z.jpg

Â